Late Xmas delivery?

How funny is that? Item purchased on Dec 24 (Saturday). Shipped on Dec 28 (first day ChitChats opened). Delivered within 3 days from Montreal, to Massachussets. I ship by economy shipping from Canada - 12 working days delivery, which is January  13. Now imagine, I got LATE DELIVERY DEFECT! 

I asked to remove the defect - my request was rejected. 

Image3.jpg

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Late Xmas delivery?

@ricarmic wrote:

I've never had TRP on .COM since they required 1 day handling time. My shipping days for the last 15ish years have been Monday, Wednesday and Friday with exceptions caused by statutory holidays and "life".

For many years I shipped only 2 or 3 times a week. Never had a late delivery problem ..... 

Now, I ship every day, and I am flooded with late delivery ...... 🙄 

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I just noticed that your shipping shows that your listings are showing economy shipping from Canada.  I remember noticing a while ago that those numbers are really out to lunch (more so than the 'shipping from outside the US) so that may have affected things too.

I shut down 3.000 listings and will replace Economy Shipping from Canada (5-12 business days) with Economy Shipping from outside US (11-23 working days). I hope it helps! Seriously, I shipped 20 years with Economy from outside US only TWICE a week, and never got any " late delivery" defect. And I am talking here about tens of thousands of items shipped.   

Message 22 of 34
latest reply

A short update. Finally I got 12 (!!!) defects for this one day. All were removed, but the reason why it has happened is still unclear. The CS agent told me, all items did show "arrived after the estimated delivery date", even if all were delivered more than 10 days AHEAD of this date (13 Jan). I think it has been triggered by the skipped (according to bots) shipping date. Thank you for suggesting to contact FB Ebay Business - it seems thay are really professional and caring people. 

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

Glad that some common sense finally prevailed.  It may be because the bots got the US Xmas holiday days wrong as well that there was a bigger system wide correction.

In retrospect I feel fortunate that I took a holiday and put my stuff on Time Away a few days before Christmas! 

Message 24 of 34
latest reply

Apparently, Ebay expected we break into the closed post offices and scan the items ourselves ... 😀

Postal Outlets were open last Tuesday, but the one I went to did not expect to have any pickups and had not had any deliveries.

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

Yes

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Apparently, Ebay expected we break into the closed post offices and scan the items ourselves ... 😀

Postal Outlets were open last Tuesday, but the one I went to did not expect to have any pickups and had not had any deliveries.

Yes, I know some outlets were open. Next time a similar situation occur, I will ship with CP Tracked Packet to avoid troubles. As I mentioned earlier, I had 19 packages to ship after Xmas. I decided to ship one day later with ChitChats (they opened on 28th), but I must admit I had a bad feeling that it might cause some problems. The desire to save money did prevail. With ChitChats I paid about 120 dollars less for the shipping. 

There is a rule - confirmed with a CS agent yesterday. Even if an item has been shipped too late, there will be no defect if it arrives on time OR the buyer marks as "arrived on time".  Just because of that I took the risk. Yet, for some unknown reason all items were marked as requiring rocket speed delivery (3 days from Canada to US), so even if no one of them was late, the system gave me defect for all of them. 

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

@38e_avenue wrote:

A short update. Finally I got 12 (!!!) defects for this one day. All were removed, but the reason why it has happened is still unclear. The CS agent told me, all items did show "arrived after the estimated delivery date", even if all were delivered more than 10 days AHEAD of this date (13 Jan). I think it has been triggered by the skipped (according to bots) shipping date. Thank you for suggesting to contact FB Ebay Business - it seems thay are really professional and caring people. 

@38e_avenue 

@byto253 

Curious to find out what would have happened if you had not persued your situation with a facebook rep? Would the error have been corrected automatically? Wonder how many others got defects without realizing?

-Lotz

Message 27 of 34
latest reply

Deinfately.  It seems like a glitch that should have been taken automatically care of system wide.  Or it may just be that a notice was issued to reverse on request now. 

Message 28 of 34
latest reply

Maybe, maybe not. I had a similar situation last year - sold 2 items on Dec 31. Shipped on Jan 3. I got 2 defects which were never removed. I learned my lesson: I will now always look for an open postal outlet, to be always in compliance with our famous "SHIP BY": 

Image2.jpg

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

If you're using shipping policies, you could probably just extend the handling time an extra day or two before postal holidays (or bad weather, etc) and drop it back down again after.  I mean, you shouldn't have to, but...

Message 30 of 34
latest reply

@flipistics wrote:

If you're using shipping policies, you could probably just extend the handling time an extra day or two before postal holidays (or bad weather, etc) and drop it back down again after.  I mean, you shouldn't have to, but...

If I do, I will immediately loose my Top Rated Plus badge and benefits.  But thank you for your advice - I will calculate if I can loose the badge for a few days ...... 

Image2.jpg

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

The 1 day handling is to get the seal, not the 10% off though.  I am top rated on .com and never offer 1 day shipping.  My norm is 2 day, and to co-ordinate some shipping I use auctions at times and I always get the 10% discount. 

Message 32 of 34
latest reply

I know, but we all old sellers, who are here since 20+ years, are crazy about the badges and seals. It's more important to us, than the discount itself  😆

Message 33 of 34
latest reply

😎

Message 34 of 34
latest reply