Leaving feedback

How do you tell a first time buyer how to leave feedback, she is asking? I hope there is an easy way, she is quite elderly.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Leaving feedback

@triber wrote:

How do you tell a first time buyer how to leave feedback, she is asking? I hope there is an easy way, she is quite elderly.

Easiest way would be from her purchases. Dropdown on the right should be included. Otherwise ebay sends a reminder after the delivery date has passed. Mostly I get the reminders for buyers that have cancelled in the past. 

-Lotz

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Leaving feedback

You could probably sent her a link but darned if I know to do that. Hopefully someone else will come along who knows how or with an easier way.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Leaving feedback

@triber wrote:

Easiest way would be from her purchases. Dropdown on the right should be included. Otherwise ebay sends a reminder after the delivery date has passed. Mostly I get the reminders for buyers that have cancelled in the past. 

-Lotz

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Leaving feedback

Send them this link....

https://www.ebay.com/mye/myebay/purchase

or

https://www.ebay.ca/mye/myebay/purchase

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Leaving feedback

"Thank you for your message. I really appreciate your thoughtfulness. Don't worry about leaving feedback, it is completely voluntary. Your personal message means more to me than any feedback."

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Leaving feedback

Looks like you have some links here which would be the easiest way (unless you're like me and don't know how to copy the link!). Since she is asking she probably doesn't see her "Purchases" or she would see the feedback button. We've been on here so long we forget about the basic stuff but she is probably just getting eBay's home page and if she hit My Ebay it would bring her the page to show her item. Or maybe she isn't even signed in? 

I agree with femmefan that a kind word is even better! I've received lovely personal thank you messages with a whole backstory about having had the same doll as a child with heartwarming thanks for making them so happy, etc....but they don't actually leave feedback. Knowing it was received and loved is the best part!

Hopefully she knows how to find you again, I know when I first started buying here I went back to the same seller many times! She was awesome!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Leaving feedback

@femmefan1946 , @msau4301 , @lotzofuniquegoodies 

I think it's nice what @triber is trying to do. I came across this last night while looking for cameras....I almost bypassed this seller due to a low feedback score of 96.9. See attached photo. This item sold on March 27. 

Not sure why this seller doesn't have eBay remove this reverse feedback. Maybe they are unaware. they currently have 18 live auctions running.  Otherwise they have a perfect score. I've mentioned the results of neg f bk on sellers with low feedback in other threads. 

In this case no feedback would be better than the mistake made by this buyer. Reverse Feedback3.jpg

Message 7 of 7
latest reply