Left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

I recently received an email from eBay advising me they had removed one of my listings  because it vioated their VeRO policy.  Ironically, several hours later, I received an email from eBay asking me if I was still interested in exactly the same item being sold by another seller.   Hence, my ascertion the left hand of eBay clearly does not know what the right hand of eBay is doing.  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

marnotom!
Community Member

The "hands" of which you speak are likely of the programmed, robotic variety.  Everything you're referring to in your message was likely performed by several unrelated automated processes, even the VeRO takedown.

The listing you received a notification for may be taken down in the next little while, or the seller may have somehow made the listing VeRO compliant in a manner in which you're not able to do. 

Without any information on the item in question, all we can do is wildly speculate.

VeRO is complicated.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The item was a diecast airplane from a reputable manufacturer.   I was advised the rights holder, Braniff

Airlines, complained that this manufacturer does not have a licencing agreement with them to use their name. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Only a portion of VERO'able listings ever get picked out by the rights holder. Since the text itself is not what is banned any remaining listings will still factor into automated things like you cite. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply