List of freight forwarders

I started something I can't finish.

I envy those of you who can use freight forwarders and USPS postage, but have no idea who they all are.

I can see the USA from my back porch, but....

Well, truthfully, I have to walk over to Willows Beach to see the Olympic Mountains but actually going to the States is a two hour trip with the ferry.

Could someone else give tyler@ebay this information?

Re: June 13th 2018
in reply to 06-13-2018 01:58:02 PM
tyler@ebay
Last Edited 06-13-2018 01:58:40 PM
@femmefan1946 wrote:

I wonder if eBay would allow a pinned thread giving the addresses of freight forwarding companies like chitchatexpress or redstallion?

One of the ongoing complaints from Canadian sellers is the high cost of shipping by Canada Post and as a result several companies have appeared that will collect parcels in Canada and take them to USPS across the border.

I don't have a dog in this hunt, because none of the companies is available to me in Victoria (poot!)  but they are mentioned quite often as a money saving option to new sellers.

Oh, that's a good thought. I don't think there'd be an issue with something like that. If you want to put something together I can get it pinned. I think Seller Central may be the most applicable board for the time being.

What do you think about a new board that's dedicated to resources for sellers? Like handy tips, or how-tos? I've been thinking about putting something like that together for a bit now. Do you think it would be helpful?

*edited to tag @femmefan1946

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

hlmacdon
Community Member

On a related note I've seen lots of sole proprietor and casual operations spring up here and there offering these services. I would be extremely careful about whom you choose to business with as many of these people have little to no understanding of the correct procedures to follow as well as relevant regulations on admissibility of items as well as other key things like labelling/safety requirements.  More than one person has found themselves banned at border crossings leaving disappointed sellers with packages delayed to customers. Chitchats is well known in the East/West, hopefully some of the other regional sellers can chime in with any similar services.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I hope posters will suggest companies with a track record of at least a few months, if not a year or more in business.

The woman who got barred from the USA on her way to a wool show is  cautionary tale-- although her situation was somewhat different.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/its-a-ball-of-yarn-small-business-owner-detained-at-border-ami...

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I don't use them either, but the ones I know of are:

DYKpost (Calgary, Edmonton)

RunninRed (Winnipeg)

StallionExpress (Toronto)

ChitChatsExpress (Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Halifax, with plans for another 4 or 5 cities)

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

DYK Post has a drop off in Red Deer as well. I don't see it on their site anymore but I did ask them about it a couple of weeks ago.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Yes, that would work well for us canadian, frieght shipping is a big problem to me too, I try to do a... turn this in my favorite type of deal. By asking people to send me at an invoice and i will give you a great price (by using shiptime) All my freight are this way. But people need to make they effort, sadly most don't. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply