Listing Impressions

I have seen a dramatic drop in my impressions.  From over a million to 400K.  I did not raise my sponsered listing % from 1 to 2.  I have taken a couple weeks off from listing new items.  Can these be the only issues?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Listing Impressions

a dramatic drop in my impressions.

EBay has stopped recording Views from bots, including their own. I don't know if that also affects Impressions.

BTW, the bots are still seeing your listings, they are just not being recorded.

I did not raise my sponsered listing % from 1 to 2.

If you look at your My eBay-> Selling-> Active Listings you will see a Note that your PL listings with the old minimum are not being shown.

You will either have to drop PL  or upgrade to the new minimum 2%  for them to be visible.

I have taken a couple weeks off from listing new items.

Yes.

It's noticeable that

Agai. It's part of the logarithm to always show the newest, freshest.

There are also Item Specifics.

While we only have to give the Required, these are supposed to make our listings visible to SEOs (basically Google) and a recent post from a seller who was having trouble finding his listings on eBay but found them immediately on Google, seems to indicate that the Item Specifics  work as advertised.

(And that eBay's Search is FUBAR, but I digress.)

Go through your Active Listings and close all those 1%PL that are not being seen.

Then start relisting them -> as Sell Similar.

The bots then accept them as new listings and give them the boost.

Again. The relisted items can have the 2%PL or no PL at all, but they will be visible on eBay either way.

At the moment I see 914 listings on your accout when I click on your name here.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

a dramatic drop in my impressions.

EBay has stopped recording Views from bots, including their own. I don't know if that also affects Impressions.

BTW, the bots are still seeing your listings, they are just not being recorded.

I did not raise my sponsered listing % from 1 to 2.

If you look at your My eBay-> Selling-> Active Listings you will see a Note that your PL listings with the old minimum are not being shown.

You will either have to drop PL  or upgrade to the new minimum 2%  for them to be visible.

I have taken a couple weeks off from listing new items.

Yes.

It's noticeable that

Agai. It's part of the logarithm to always show the newest, freshest.

There are also Item Specifics.

While we only have to give the Required, these are supposed to make our listings visible to SEOs (basically Google) and a recent post from a seller who was having trouble finding his listings on eBay but found them immediately on Google, seems to indicate that the Item Specifics  work as advertised.

(And that eBay's Search is FUBAR, but I digress.)

Go through your Active Listings and close all those 1%PL that are not being seen.

Then start relisting them -> as Sell Similar.

The bots then accept them as new listings and give them the boost.

Again. The relisted items can have the 2%PL or no PL at all, but they will be visible on eBay either way.

At the moment I see 914 listings on your accout when I click on your name here.

Fubar is just being super polite!!  😉 I've learned to swear under my breath real well!!! As for the bots vs no bots making comparisons with the majority of ebay data is pretty much a lost cause. There have been so many changes/modifications/tinkering/adding/removing of features that there is a limited amount that by trying to glean any sort of pattern. 

Even with the changes to IS's has caused several flipflops of where my listings were being found. It's back to eBay vs Google but numbers are substantially down compared to several years ago. In truth how many times was a bot really looking at a listing or someone viewing the same listing 20 times and inflating the numbers. Not even my barber has that information!! Us figuring it out?  A total shot in the dark. I am able to confirm RED numbers are doing quite well!!!

-Lotz

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Fubar is just being super polite!!  😉 I've learned to swear under my breath real well!!!

I was raised to be a perfect lady. I cannot swear because I don't even know what the words mean.

That online sales are down from the last couple of (pandemic) years is well-known. AZ was back to being  a money loser in the first two quarters of 2022. https://www.practicalecommerce.com/aws-boosts-amazons-q2-2022-results

EBay seems to remain profitable through fees other than FVF and 3rd party advertising. 

I feel sorry for the entrepreneurs who thought the pandemic surge was permanent. I believe a lot of those had no retail experience and were unaware that retail is changeable.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply