Listing Promotions extended on .com

eBay.com has announced that the current 50k/200 listing promo will be extended until July.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Listing-promotions-Extended-through-July/ba-p/30871473

Will eBay.ca be extending the promo as well?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

I would love to see this!

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

@pooroldcancollector 

I only have 49,707 left for April. So motoring along. unamused Haven't touched my 1000 Store Listings. Like where do they come up with these gestures?

-Lotz

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

I don't know if the 50K offer is "by invitation" but if you want to you can list on dotCOM  with no problem in uploading.

You do have to ship to the USA. I assume that's nothing new.

You have to list in US dollars. With the drop in the loonie, this can actually be an advantage. Your $500 Cdn item would be $350USD.

You have to use Flat Rate Shipping.

Which is a problem when you are dealing not only with dimensional but also distance rate cards.

DVDs and books can move letterpost if they are under 2cm thick but bottles and cans are a problem.

As a side note, If you have 250 Free Basic Store Listings on dotCA you also have 250Free Basic Store Listings on dotCOM. 

Which might make the 50k moot.

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

The 50,000 is open to all sellers with a Store, the 200 is for non-Store sellers, neither require an invitation.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 5 of 29
latest reply

Just to clarify, did eBay meant that we'll get new 200 listing quotas on .COM every month until July, or that the current 200 listings quotas won't expire until July?
Message 6 of 29
latest reply

The details are in the provided link in my original post.

Keep in  mind that this has not yet been confirmed for Canada but I do expect it will be.

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

I did read it... but to me it wasn't perfectly clear.

If you are a store subscriber, you will have 50,000 additional free listings per month for May, June, and July once activated. All other sellers will receive 200 additional fixed price and auction listings for May, June, and July once the promotion is activated.

So for the 50000 additional listings, they clearly said *per month*, but for the 200 additional listings for non-store they didn't say *per month* that's why I'm asking. Maybe I'm over reading it, but it could be interpreted as 200 over the span of May-July? 

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

Amazing news!!! Thank you for spotting this and sharing it over here.

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

I'm sure that the 200 is per month as well.

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

Hi @zee-chan - it is per month. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 29
latest reply

Money Saver action for US$ sellers

Some Store sellers on ebay.com are downgrading (if there is no penalty) to a Basic store for the next 3 months, with plans to upgrade store level again when the 50000 free listings goes away on ebay.com

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

That's a great suggestion. Would that also work for ebay.ca stores? I see that none of my 1000 fixed price listings (Premium Store) have been touched at all in the last month. So wonder why I am paying for the store for 3 months if I am not using it. I would like to downgrade my store to Basic also.

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

@2nd-time-around-jewelry wrote:

That's a great suggestion. Would that also work for ebay.ca stores? I see that none of my 1000 fixed price listings (Premium Store) have been touched at all in the last month. So wonder why I am paying for the store for 3 months if I am not using it. I would like to downgrade my store to Basic also.

Basic store has 250 listings and the 200 free listings for the next 3 months would give you 450 free listings on ebay.CA each month.  You would also have free listings on .com

If you are paying month to month for a Store you can downgrade with no extra cost.

If you have a yearly subscription you can downgrade in the last month before it renews without extra cost.  For example, stores that renew May 1 can be downgraded in April.

The Early termination fee can make downgrading expensive if there are a lot of months left in the subscription year.

-..-

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

I have always paid by the month so it doesn't matter when I downgrade or cancel. But I thought I would be getting the 50,000 listings for the next 3 months not 200 free listings. Isn't the 200 free listings just for people that don't have a store?

Message 15 of 29
latest reply

For store owners, yes it is 50,000 per month.
Message 16 of 29
latest reply

@2nd-time-around-jewelry wrote:

I have always paid by the month so it doesn't matter when I downgrade or cancel. But I thought I would be getting the 50,000 listings for the next 3 months not 200 free listings. Isn't the 200 free listings just for people that don't have a store?

I was not aware that ebay.ca also had the 50000 free listings for stores, so 50250 free listings per month.

Downgrading to the Basic Store is your best option as it still allows you to have lower FVF fees and other store benefits.

-..-

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

Thanks, I just downgraded to a Basic Store. It will start May 1/20.

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

Thanks Tyler. Would you happen to know if it'd be offered on .ca as well?
Message 19 of 29
latest reply

I just received the email about it today and saw it in the ebay.ca announcements so it's definitely for both sites! 

Message 20 of 29
latest reply