Listing issue

ca_cunn
Community Member

When I attempt to go to Sell I receive a nessage that says turn off 'compatibility mode' by clicking on the broken paper icon next to the Ebay url.  Don't have a torn paper icon anywhere but can't get to make a listing apparently until I do.  Anyone?  Thanks

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Listing issue

ca_cunn
Community Member
Sorry forgot to mention the message is from EBAy not my computer.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Listing issue

Try updating your Internet Explorer, or Upgrade to a better browser

Google Chrome

Mozilla FireFox

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Listing issue

Upgraded to IE eleven and still no sign of a torn paper icon on my Ebay url. Have been through 'customer support' three times loking for resolution, still can't post listings....urrrggghhh! Is there an Ebay phone number anywhere where I can ultimately speak to an earthling?
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Listing issue

Compatibility mode refers to an IE function.  I'm not sure how to turn it off or on but your IE help pages should be able to tell you that.

I find that ebay and IE do not always do well together so I normally use Firefox.

Have you tried to list by clicking sell similar on a current or ended listing?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Listing issue

Googling ie compatibility mode might also tell you how to shut it off.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Listing issue

Well, I fixed it!  Founf tools menu on yahoo that had a compatibility icon, clicked that and removed
Ebay, now it works.  Part I find amazing is that I did not set it at any time, have received the message from Ebay to chage the setting but never turned it on in the first place.  Ah well at least I can do another 5 listings this month, Already sold half of my allocation!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply