Listing view now puts other Seller's Listings BEFORE your Description!!?

Devon
When did this start? Click on your listing and now, BEFORE your item specifics or description is a gallery of other seller's similar Sponsored listings!!?? This is in addition to even more below your description. A sea of other people's listings within your own listing!!???
It is so crowded it is tough to distinguish what stuff belongs to your own listing you are trying to view and what is not. It isn't clear to the buyer. It causes confusion to the buyer. They may click off your listing because they think what they are seeing it is part of it or are other listings you have (but are not)? Or they think you do not have a description.
I am NOT happy with this.
eBay please stop pushing other peoples stuff within MY listing, especially up front and in your face before you can even get to my listing details.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@mandicrafts wrote:

Devon
When did this start? Click on your listing and now, BEFORE your item specifics or description is a gallery of other seller's similar Sponsored listings!!?? This is in addition to even more below your description. A sea of other people's listings within your own listing!!???
It is so crowded it is tough to distinguish what stuff belongs to your own listing you are trying to view and what is not. It isn't clear to the buyer. It causes confusion to the buyer. They may click off your listing because they think what they are seeing it is part of it or are other listings you have (but are not)? Or they think you do not have a description.
eBay please stop pushing other peoples stuff within MY listing, especially up front and in your face before you can even get to my listing details.

devon@ebay 

I'm in 100% agreement!! Now we get to see sponsored items stated as similar but not even close to related to the item being viewed. Not helpful. Like looking at car parts and seeing a hodge podge of Pokeman cards. (No offence intended to Pokeman card sellers intended.)

-Lotz

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@mandicrafts wrote:

Devon

devon@ebay 

I'm in 100% agreement!! Now we get to see sponsored items stated as similar but not even close to related to the item being viewed. Not helpful. Like looking at car parts and seeing a hodge podge of Pokeman cards. (No offence intended to Pokeman card sellers intended.)

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! Thank you and others for your feedback on the current testing for the desktop redesign. I will be sure to have this shared with the team that is in charge of this and will share anything that I can throughout their process.  

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Going to jump in here too and agree with you! That's awful the sponsored items show up before our own descriptions. In my case they are throwing in Funko Pops when I sell vintage Barbie's why?!?! I think it's because I had peeked at Rip from Yellowstone Funko Pop so they now think that takes presadence over my own stuff. Why remind someone what they looked at before if they are looking at you now. No likey this one either!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

yeah the choices ebay's AI shows other buyers who are viewing our items are bizarre, which i guess is a good thing.  Better than them showing our direct competitor's items.

Anyhow, i don't think we have to worry about  Ebay's AI wiping out mankind any time soon.  🙂

Message 6 of 6
latest reply