MIA messages, possible location...

In the last few days I've discovered where some of my MIA ebay (and other!) messages are.

If you use microsoft outlook, this may affect you too.

I use microsoft outlook, which allows me to pool my emails from the various email accounts I use. Outlook pulls the emails out of each of the email accounts into the central outlook application. The emails on each of the accounts is marked once it has been downloaded and eventually is automagically deleted on the original email account (copy on outlook is retained until I delete it from outlook).

A week ago, I had some MIA messages that prompted me to go searching, and I logged directly onto my main email account where I was quite surprised to see that the local "spam" folder was quite populated with NON spam messages as well as oodles of spam. The spam folder is not downloaded to Outlook, only the "inbox" is, so I would never see those messages in outlook.

I've been watching for a few days now and pertinent to our discussions here:

-.COM messages sporadically are counted as spam (interestingly no .CA messages have been counted yet). Messages trapped are notification of listings being listed, relisting opportunity messages and sold messages.

-Paypal payment notifications are very rarely being counted as spam

-today I discovered all my Kijiji notification of messages are being counted as spam 

Incase the ISP matters, the email account is a Rogers Yahoo email account. I've not found a way for me to adjust the sensitivity of the spam folder allocations so every couple days I log directly in to see what I've missed.....

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

While you can't actually turn off Yahoo's spam filters you can fool them into NOT directing messages to the spam folder.

Google "how to turn off yahoo spam filter" and you'll get many hits with details.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Also,

GO JETS GO!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply