Major issue - Listings are being published with no description

The new listing tool recently got pushed to me on October 11, and it's great except for the fact that all of my listings are now being published without descriptions. I type it all in, but when I hit publish and check after, it's always blank.

I've called eBay 3 times for help, and they keep saying they'll submit a ticket to the technical team to fix a glitch with my account and, of course, this resolves nothing. Not only that, but I feel it might have something to do with the templates.

I've tried making 2 templates and they just straight up don't work - the field is entirely broken when I hover over certain key details. I feel like this is messing everything up, but I've messed around with it a lot and cannot resolve the description issue whatsoever.

Has anyone else dealt with this issue?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Some users have reported problems listing items with the new listing tool and losing item descriptions. According to those users, the problems are linked to certain browser add-ons, including Ad Block, Duckduckgo and a grammar checking add-on whose name escapes me.

Try listing your items using another browser with no add-ons enabled, or else temporarily disable the add-ons in the browser you use when listing or editing existing listings.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Some users have reported problems listing items with the new listing tool and losing item descriptions. According to those users, the problems are linked to certain browser add-ons, including Ad Block, Duckduckgo and a grammar checking add-on whose name escapes me.

Try listing your items using another browser with no add-ons enabled, or else temporarily disable the add-ons in the browser you use when listing or editing existing listings.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

This was the issue - thank you for your help!

For anyone who comes across this and is wondering what the extension was, it was a grammar checking piece of software installed as a Chrome/Brave extension called 'LanguageTool'.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You are very welcome -- and thank you for posting the name of that grammar add-on!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply