Managed payments for Canadian casual sellers: is it mandatory?

htc_can
Community Member

First off - apologies. I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this. I've been searching through the forum and there are a lot of posts but I haven't found exactly what it is I am looking for just yet.  I received a "final notice" on switching to Managed Payments today.  I'd been ignoring to be honest....do I HAVE to switch over? Can I not leave things as - is, selling relatively casually with PayPal?  Or is this a mandatory thing I have to sign up for? Thank you all!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

marnotom!
Community Member

The eBay sites are undergoing a gradual makeover and part of that makeover is eliminating connections to PayPal.  It's a bit like your favourite restaurant ditching Coke and serving Pepsi instead.

You're being encouraged to switch to Managed Payments because in time your eBay sales won't work without it.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yes.  Eventually all ebay sellers will be in Managed Payments to sell on ebay.

You can sign up for a no-fee online bank account just for ebay use (no need to use your main account).

Popular choices are tangerine.ca (owned by ScotiaBank), simplii.com (owned by CIBC). There are others out there.

I recommend choosing weekly payout (Tuesday payout to tangerine is always there by Wednesday) as it keeps things simplier and allows ebay labels (if you use them to ship) to take the cost from your pending money.

-..-

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Never did like Pepsi!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@blackranda2 wrote:

Never did like Pepsi!

I was thinking of you as I typed that.  😁

Message 5 of 5
latest reply