Forum Posts

Resolved! When to get MP payments deposited?

What is the advantage of getting MP payments bi-weekly or weekly? I thought you want to see if the payments have been deposited.

User avatar by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Question concerning Managed Payments

When I first registered on Ebay.com when there was no such thing as Ebay Canada. I only sell in US dollars and only on the US site. I also have an Ebay Store on the US site. I did at one time sell on the Canadian site, but only a few items (with this...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

NOT receiving Payment Notifications

I recently got switched to Managed Payments.At first I was receiving email notifications for Payments Received. Then I started receiving email notifications for both Item Sold and Payment Received (which was overkill), now I am receiving ZERO email n...

Item not showing up in search?

We are a top rated seller, and listed an item over the weekend, with title "X Y Z A B C Q". It has not been selling at *all*, despite us having the cheapest price, and the most inventory. Today, I tried searching the available listings using several ...

%age of Sellers Who Have Switched to Managed Payments

Has anyone seen statistics regarding the percentage of sellers who have switched to Managed Payments? Over the last few months, I've noticed that sellers have received a variety of dates by which they need to make the switch. And to anyone who has no...

• 34 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Bad ebay invoicing on sales

Well ain't that special... sold 101 photo negs (old glass, cool, heavy,) my ebay shows the 101 sold items.Hovever when I try to send invoice and only shows 40 of the sold items. yes refreshed, cleared cashe, singed out then back in,restarted computer...

Well they FINALLY disabled my listing/editing ability

Although it took them 13 days to accomplish that after telling me they'd already done it. I think ebay's marketing department that dreamed up MP doesn't actually communicate with their technical department and so the quality of implementation has bee...

• 9 replies
  • 1 helpful

Buyer From Germany Wants to Pay via E-Transfer

I have a buyer in Germany who wants to pay directly into my bank account as opposed to PP. She asked for banking information but could she just do the transfer via my email address or phone number? I know it wasn't possible in the past but things hav...

• 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

managed payments

So...I like listing on .com because USD is stronger than CAD . Plus when listing on .ca Ebay converts to usd for any US customers. And thats a huge red flag for buyers in my opinion. US buyer is looking at your listing and see's $67.83 and is like " ...

Resolved! social security number for MP

I thought I had finished signing up for MP, now they are asking for my social security number. Do I have to give that?

• 27 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Why is eBay doing this?

Checked my seller dashboard and noticed I had a late shipment defect. The buyer had left very good feedback so I enquired with the buyer as to what had happened. The buyer advised me he simply followed the question asked of him by eBay as to whether ...

The "Update your seller account details for Managed Payments OR ELSE" messages

First Ebay tells me sign up for managed payments by April 30... OR ELSE. I don't sign up. Next Ebay tells me sign up for managed payments by May 31...OR ELSE. I don't sign up. Today Ebay sent first a message to sign up for managed payments by June 15...

• 17 replies
  • 1 helpful

Managed Payments - Won't accept U.S. bank account

I'm a Canadian resident with a U.S.-based bank account as I frequently work and travel to the United States. I have no U.S. residential address. I just tried to sign up for eBay Managed Payments and it will not let me add a U.S. bank account with a C...

• 13 replies
  • 1 helpful

Considering ending my store subscription

When I opened my store years ago and the standard for a non store seller was 10 listings per month (if I remember correctly), the store made sense. I'm not a prolific seller though and struggle to maintain much over 100 items for sale at given time. ...

Reveal ID of Buyers who leave negatives too sellers

Ebay should reveal the Ebay ID of Bidders/Buyers who continuosly leave Negative feedback too sellers for reasons the Seller can decide are not justified. I noticed that if you check feedback of other sellers there are negative feedbacks that the ID o...

• 2 replies
  • 1 helpful

Does MP ever withdraw from your CDN bank acct?

I'm just about to sign up for MP.I sell on .com.I have a $USD acct at my Canadian bank. This account charges a fee for every withdrawl. Are there times when MP takes money out of your bank acct? For those of you who've been on MP for a while, how oft...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

My Item Does Not Show Up In Ending Soonest Search

Hoping someone can help here. I'm new to selling on Ebay so not 100% sure how all this works. I have an item that is listed as a Buy It Now that has spent its 30 days listed and is ending soon. However, when I go to search for my item on Ebay within ...

Sales drop off collides with MP conversion messages? Things that make you go hmmm...

For those who's sales have dropped off, did they drop at about the same time the "you need to register for MP messages" started? As others have mentioned, my sales on .COM now have all but dropped off. I noticed this morning that I got my first email...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Are eBay Labels still using last month's fuel surcharge?

Although I have never used eBay Labels so far (I always move on straight to Shippo), I couldn't help but notice how the rate it was quoting was always off by a couple of cents. $16.98 for Tracked Packet USA 500g instead of $17.02. $14.00 for Expedite...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Observation - eBay Labels

I don't use eBay labels but just spotted this for a recent order on that page. Has anyone using eBay Labels seen substantial savings with the service as of late? Major savings with Tracked USA compared to Expedited/Xpresspost. -Lotz

eBay Labels discount.JPG

Managed Payments Glitches

So i was invited to Managed Payments and was told i could have my 65 thousand items which are sold on .com in US dollars all put into a US holding currency, and our fees would be taken out off the top. ebay posted it was a one time lifetime decision ...

switching to managed payment time line..

i am asked to have all my details in by the end of the month.. how long did most of you wait, until they switched you over,, was it right away or a month later,, i am the middle of the month billing, so i would assume it would be close to there??

• 25 replies
  • 0 helpful

Amazing Customer (Seller) Support

Customer (seller) care and satisfaction have definitely reached a new level at Ebay Canada. Just recently we received this from Ebay. You have missed the deadline to register for eBay to manage your payments and, effective today, your ability to crea...

• 13 replies
  • 7 helpful

Resolved! Scammer chargeback

Buyer opens account on April 15th, buys $400.00 item from me. Waits 25 days and then files chargeback with their credit card company saying I shipped another item. And even though I've been a seller for a decade and have over $20,000 in sales, scamme...

CANADIAN SELLERS, WHO LIST ON .COM AND HAVE SWITCHED TO MP SUCESSFULLY, CHIME IN HERE

I am being forced into MP by June 15. In the last few days i have read scores of horror stories regarding Canadian sellers switching to MP with disasterous results. This has got me very concerned. I sell mostly on .com and have a .com store. I also l...

• 7 replies
  • 1 helpful
Labels