CANADIAN SELLERS, WHO LIST ON .COM AND HAVE SWITCHED TO MP SUCESSFULLY, CHIME IN HERE

I am being forced into MP by June 15.  In the last few days i have read scores of horror stories regarding Canadian sellers switching to MP with disasterous results.

This has got me very concerned.   I sell mostly on .com and have a .com store.  I also list on .ca to a much lesser extent.  Are there sellers out there, who sell in a similar way as i, that have switched to MP and have it working smoothly?  You get your funds deposited when you are scheduled to?  I plan to receive all my funds in Canadian dollars, so Ebay will convert the US dollar sales to Canadian currency.

Would appreciate some good news.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

CANADIAN SELLERS, WHO LIST ON .COM AND HAVE SWITCHED TO MP SUCESSFULLY, CHIME IN HERE

This ID switched smoothly to an online chequing account in CAD. I have received payments in USD and in sterling  to that account. (They were deposited in CAD, to be clear.)

Another was switched by eBay and eBay chose to use the only Canadian bank account that was also a chequing account, which was not the one I planned to use. They want some sort of PIN or password. Going to the bank today to clear that up.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

This ID switched smoothly to an online chequing account in CAD. I have received payments in USD and in sterling  to that account. (They were deposited in CAD, to be clear.)

Were you given the option of having your payouts deposited to a Canadian-based USD chequing account?

And is this ID registered on .com or .ca, and if the latter, was it registered on .com when you started out?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

Registered on .ca, recently activated MP to receive US$ to a US$ chequing account with a CDN bank.  Sales since the activation have been mainly from .com with some from .ca in $CDN.   The processing went as it was supposed to.  CDN$ sales are converted to US$ values when sold, that amount goes to processing then to available.  My first transfer (ebay calls it a payout)  to my bank was last tuesday and it was showing in the bank first thing Thursday morning - it may have shown up last Wednesday but I didn't check then. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

It's horrible and the worst thing Ebay has ever done by far! I sold a couple small items several days ago and still dont have my money for those items. At least with Paypal we had access to our payments immediately but with this new garbage money grab by Ebay it can take 5 days or even longer! After 22 years as an ebay seller i'm done with Ebay!

I cancelled the 96 items i had for sale and won't sell anything here again! Thousands of sellers like myself are doing better on Facebook than on ebay and it's FREE!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I list on both .com and .ca.  I have chosen to be paid in US $ as most of my sales are from the US listings.  It has been difficult to set up my US $ in my Canadian Bank for the payouts, had to call ebay today to do it manually and submit a statement.  Not that smooth.  I'll let you know next week how it goes.

I had another ebay account which I will make only for listing on .ca to pay out Canadian $ to my Canadian account.  

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

If you sell something on ebay and you don't receive the payment for the purchase using their new stupid system  , don't ship the item .  Perhaps the buyers will start complaining to ebay .  I've called 5 times and was taken through the new payment system and told each time , I was all set , meanwhile , everytime I go to my site they want me to upgrade .

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I signed up in April and must confess I have not had one issue yet. The signup process took less than 15 minutes and functioned flawlessly. In fact, after signing up, I received the 50k promo listings on .com which had disappeared in January.

I was worried too since I read all the horror stories but so far so good (your mileage will definitely vary). The payments are accurate and arrive within 1 business day. Fees are comparable to what I paid with Paypal but they will certainly go up, not down. I chose weekly payout on Tues and $$ arrives in my bank account by Wed. night. I like the fact that eBay takes their cut first. I chose to receive in Cdn funds so I think this was a factor since a lot of members report trouble setting up the US funds account.

Also, I have not had to issue any refunds yet so I cannot attest to how well this will work. A seller posted recently eBay will can no longer request the buyer to return an item in order to receive a full refund leaving open the possiblity of fraud once this becomes public knowledge. eBay will certainly have to address this.

I see a lot of posts regarding MP and how horrible eBay was to implement it. It is interesting to note Carl Icahn, the famous billionaire takeover hedge fund manager was the real culprit in 2014 and eBay was against the move to separate Paypal from eBay: 

https://www.thestreet.com/markets/mergers-and-acquisitions/carl-icahn-seeks-paypal-split-in-ebay-bre...

It doesn't make it any easier to accept, but it does make it easier to understand. Oh those billionaires.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply