Question concerning Managed Payments

When I first registered on Ebay.com when there was no such thing as Ebay Canada.    I only sell in US dollars and only on the US site.   I also have an Ebay Store on the US site.   

I did at one time sell on the Canadian site,  but only a few items (with this user name) and other items on a different user name,  which I have not used for at least two years now.

Got a email message this morning from Ebay Canada that I had missed the deadline to apply for managed payments and could no longer create,  relist,  edit or revise on Ebay and that any live listing would be removed as well

Would this still apply to me??   I have a number of items still active and are still showing at present.

Thanks for any reply's

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Probably, if ebay considers you to be based in Canada. The cutoff (from forum reports) can take a couple of weeks to kick in after the final deadline.  Getting paid in US$ (to a Canadian bank US$ account) is now an option for MP.

Try revising a listing.

-;-

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

All sellers, wether registered on .com or .ca, will have to sign up for Managed Payments sooner or later. If you still want to continue selling here, you will have to register yes. But as ypdc_dennis said, you have the option to get paid in US$ *or* C$. Both have to be chequing accounts in a Canadian bank though.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

"sask-boy"  - our situation is the same as yours.  We registered on eBay in 2000

and have a perfect record since.  

We completed our registration for Managed Payments on June 12.

We complied with their demands.

This morning (June 15) we have the same message as yours stating

that we have missed the deadline and that our ability to sell on eBay

is suspended.

eBay does not know what they are doing.   It's a "hit and miss" agenda.  

Appears that they just automatically send out

their generic messages and even if it doesn't appear to apply to you,

you still get the message.

This kind of incompetence on the part of eBay is not acceptable. 

tyler@ebay 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
I see it as the equivalent of CRA sending me a payment invoice with my Notice of Assessment when I paid my income tax the same day I filed my taxes.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi @gwrocen - I replied to your question on this subject in the Weekly chat. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 6
latest reply