Observation - eBay Labels

I don't use eBay labels but just spotted this for a recent order on that page.

eBay Labels discount.JPG

Has anyone using eBay Labels seen substantial savings with the service as of late? Major savings with Tracked USA compared to Expedited/Xpresspost.

-Lotz

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Although I am no longer selling on eBay as I am not accepting of the MP system, I keep getting messages from eBay including one today regarding a promotional discount for using eBay labels.

The info can be found here:

https://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/shipping/ebay-labels.html#breakdown

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

They sent me both an email and a messge today announcing this. They also posted about the news right here in Community / Announcements.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Announcements/Limited-time-savings-on-Canada-Post-shipping-with-eBay-La...

From June 10 to Sept 10 the discounts will be Canada Post SB level 3 instead of level 1.

This page allows you to compare the different SB level discounts (see the Ship More, Save More section):

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/business/small-business/shipping-discounts.page

-..-

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I got the message and tried out the eBay labels. I get a level 2 CP discount so eBay labels have always been more expensive. Sure enough today with this promotion eBay was 2 dollars cheaper now vs. My level 2 discount. However, since eBay labels still doesn’t associate to your SBS account with CP you don’t get credit for these shipments. Which can prevent you from moving up a level or even potentially knock you down. So this *could* be one of those situations where it actually costs you in the long run…
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

That is exactly what will happen since it isn't connected to you Canada Post account.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

That will depend on you ever spend enough to go up a level. Unless I change how I do things, it's unlikely that I would ever go to the next level so the current discount will definitely benefit me.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I just printed a 250g small packet air label for Germany. Snap Ship (level 1) is $11.92 while eBay Label is $11.29, so this is nice to have... would be nice if they'd keep it pass Sept 10 lol.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Differences between level 1 and level 3 discounts:

Canada Priority: extra 9%

Canada Xpresspost: extra 14%

Canada Expedited: extra 14%

Xpresspost USA: extra 10%

Expedited USA: extra 8%

Small packet USA: extra 5%

Tracked packet USA: extra 4%

Xpresspost Intl: extra 9%

Intl parcel air: extra 10%

Tracked packet Intl: extra 7%

Small packet Intl air: extra 9%

For my Canadian expedited parcels that I send with stamps, I will continue to send with stamps since the new discount level (up to 25% for expedited) can't beat my current discount (4% at counter + 25% off stamp face value + no sales tax).

I'm not near the threshold of a SB level change, so the ebay carrot is successful in tempting me to try out ebay Labels for USA and International.

It will be interesting to see how eBay Labels deals with the Canada Post price increase for commercial contracts that is coming Sept 13 (the increase for those with SB memberships will be January/2022).

-..-

Message 9 of 9
latest reply