Well they FINALLY disabled my listing/editing ability

Although it took them 13 days to accomplish that after telling me they'd already done it. I think ebay's marketing department that dreamed up MP doesn't actually communicate with their technical department and so the quality of implementation has been rather lacking. None of my ads have as of yet ceased renewing though and the only ended listings have been ones I did myself as they're now posted elsewhere and since I cannot edit them any longer, I don't want them accidently selling on ebay (with ebay taking FVFs from them) for prices that aren't valid any longer.  I'm just gonna get one more quartely $70 shipping supply coupon out of my store account I think and then cancel it in mid-July. As it stands, waiting to cancel has already saved me $30 in "early" cancellation fees on my store subscription compared to when I first looked into doing that in April.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Are you trying and failing to get registered with Managed Payments or have you decided not to register but to close your eBay account?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

thought I'd made that clear over the past month... I am DONE WITH EBAY SELLING... I will never give them my bank account info. I do NOT agree to them managing my payments.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

You are one of many.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Once they deleted my editing/adding new listing abilities they also gave me a date of when they would end my lisyings if I didn't sign up with MP.  You didn't get a date for that?  

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Oh this is funny... the existing listings are continuiing to renew automatically. Which is fine with me if the quantities remaining for the listings are correct... but for things i've sold elsewhere below the quantity remaining listed here, I've been ending the listings myself.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

My ability to revise and list was disabled on June 8, one week after i received the threatening email (June 1) advising my ability was disabled immediately and all listings would be removed as of June 15.  I have received no communication from ebay since June 1.  Zero.  Zip.  No further warnings, advisories or reminders.

So once again we see everyone is being treated differently in this chaotic rollout of MP.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@fergua3  wrote:

My ability to revise and list was disabled on June 8, one week after i received the threatening email (June 1) advising my ability was disabled immediately and all listings would be removed as of June 15.  I have received no communication from ebay since June 1.  Zero.  Zip.  No further warnings, advisories or reminders.

So once again we see everyone is being treated differently in this chaotic rollout of MP.

Similar situation with me but not sure when my ability to to revise listings ended. I didn't bother to check until a couple of days ago because I wasn't planning to revise anything.  My existing listings are still renewing automatically but that may end soon. Today is my D-Day which from what I have read some have that deadline and some have a June 30th deadline.

So yep diffrent strokes for different folks!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Recorded voice: Morning/afternoon/evening: <Insert eBay member name here>

• Your mission <Insert eBay member name here> Should you choose to accept it....
  • As always, if any of your IM Force/eBay accounts are caught /killed or your eBay listings happen to sneak through, eBay San Jose will disavow any knowledge of your actions and receiving payment will become very iffy!!!. Good luck <insert eBay member name here> .This tape/disk/email/text message will self destruct in 10 seconds....10, 9, 8,.....

Cue music

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I got another of their threat emails today. I'm still not going to sign up. I do NOT agree to the new terms of service where they take over managing my payments from Paypal, and demand personal information I do not trust them with. Among my items are vintage cycling clothing (by vintage i'm talking twenty years old), a lot of which I have is still factory new condition with original retail packaging/display tags still attached. In the past 90 days I've had THREE pairs of gloves sell on ebay with its supposedly HUGE" exposure. Yesterday I posted all the gloves I have currently (which was about 2 dozen pairs spread across four different models) on the facebook CLASSIC MTB Trading Center group as well as on Pinkbike... for free...with no fees being taken by ebay. In the past 24 hours I've sold 6 pairs of gloves. The FB group has some 12,000 members but its also posted to FB marketplace so who knows how many have seen the listing.  A brakeset I had on ebay for about 3 years with 34 people watching it sold for the same price on Facebook withing 24 hours of posting. Except again... no 9% being lost to **bleep**Bay.  I am not going to miss losing 9% of my gross income to such a **bleep**py place to post things for sale. I hardly even buy on ebay anymore... AliExpress is cheaper, has better selections usually, and in my experience this year quicker shipping.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply