Message about $5 discount

I had a sale by a new buyer last night, and there is a message on it saying that the $5 discount didn't go through and giving me the code. There is nothing I can do about that can I? What should I tell them to do? I presume it is an eBay discount not Paypal.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

They probably grabbed the code from one of the coupon websites. For example the CNN coupon website shows 38 codes/deals for eBay.

The codes are  administered by eBay and you as a seller have nothing to do with the process.

You could ask if the Buyer if they have read the restrictions that eBay places on using a $5 coupon code. Some require PayPal, some are category specific, some country specific, etc.

You might also want to check if they want to cancel the purchase.

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

They probably grabbed the code from one of the coupon websites. For example the CNN coupon website shows 38 codes/deals for eBay.

The codes are  administered by eBay and you as a seller have nothing to do with the process.

You could ask if the Buyer if they have read the restrictions that eBay places on using a $5 coupon code. Some require PayPal, some are category specific, some country specific, etc.

You might also want to check if they want to cancel the purchase.

-..-

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks, that's what I thought. I keep getting those offers from eBay but I haven't use one, so I don't know how they work. I have told them how to contact eBay through the help and contact link and told them I would hold off shipping until I hear back from them.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

We can now phone eBay, YAY! Got great help about this situation, a little wait to get through, but so good to be able to actually talk to someone.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply