My month started out slow only 20 sales for the month, today 20 sales, WOW

This month started out very slowly, about 20 sales.  Today well, I sold 20, several buyers bought several CD's and that's great.  Something changed, maybe I became visible for a day.  

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

A poster on dotCOM  was saying that his Search on eBay was unsuccessful, but when he went to Google, the first item that showed up was  an eBay listing.

Which was what eBay was promising.  Well, not the unsuccessful eBay Search but the Google bit.

Anyway, great news and I sincerely hope it keeps up for you.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Congrats and good stuff @musicyouneed . Wish everyone could see selling days like that!! Mine seem to come in at the beginning of a month and then trickle in after that.

Found this little story posted on eCommercebytes, maybe to be taken with a grain of salt. I guess we shall see what we shall see.

-Lotz

eBay Limits Shipping Options Shown to Buyers 

June 4,2019

Just an update. On Sunday, I deleted all 226 listings. Monday I did a sell similar on all of them, plus reissued some auctions. 

In the past 24 hours I have had four sales and many questions. So, while this is not clear proof that GTC is not good for business (1 test study doesn't mean beans really), it my case it has made me pretty darn sure that it was killing my sales. 

I am lucky because I have so many items I can list each month that I can shut down my items without cost. The one exception to that was I did staggered listings every 2 minutes. Yup, that cost me .10 cents each, but at least I don't have them all ending at once. We'll see how the rest of the week plays out, but so far so good. (Just heard another cha ching while I was typing this)

Dear Mr Wenig. In the hopes you would see more darn fees put on sellers with GTC, I think all you are doing is digging a deeper hole.

@reallynicestamps 

In the past when I went to Google to do a search for history on a price I was able to retrieve information on old "Older than 3 month" listings. Now when I try i get the recurring message about that listing cannot be found. So not so much of a benefit in the scheme of things. Could also be the case for someone looking to buy something.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

eBay has been pretty dead for me. While on the other hand I sold $100 worth on B-site this week... a return buyer on B-site from back in May who also bought $100 in May.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I had 6 sales at the beginning of this month & since then none. This is getting ridiculous! Especially if you are paying for a store.  And I have over 1000 items listed.  Anyone with a store should have his listings promoted by eBay. We shouldn't have to pay extra for that. So many ideas & reasons have floated around on why sales are slow. But the biggest factor is all the changes eBay has made over the last 2 years. These were supposed to help the seller but never have.  eBay is trying to change to fit in with all the other big online sellers, but it is not working.  They were supposed to be a unique store offering unusual, rare, vintage, one of a kind items.  It worked well, till the powers that be decided differently.  And then buyers can do or say anything they want & eBay usually sides with them.  And who ends up paying is the seller.  I hate to say it, but eBay is no longer a fun & safe place to sell. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

tyler@ebay  et al...For your reading enjoyment!!

A total of 7 transactions this month plus this little doozy!

Messages from buyer:

1. Send it for free
  2. Please please do am poor
  3. Just send it tomorrow
  4. Ok
  5. Ok already did
  6. Ok
  7. I actually did it
  8. I can’t wait for it to come to me
  9. No I have not canceled my odder for my xxxx
  10. I already did that 😉
  11. Yes that’s what I paid .my address is .....
  12. Just send it to my address I’ll send you you won’t get i. Trouble I promise just this one time send it for free . Please please I promise I’ll won’t tell anyone about this . Send to tomorrow
  13. Ok give them to me
  14. I already did

At the beginning of this nightmare I cancelled this transaction based on their request to cancel. Now I still have to wait 10 days for them to accept before it processes the credits. eBay customer service rep had never seen anything like this "supposely".

The trials and tribulations of selling on eBay!! And public shaming of difficult buyers is not allowed? unamused  <<<<INSERT NAME HERE>>>>>

-Lotz

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Good one!  I received this offer the other day, even though it is a fixed price listing with no best offer.  The item is listed for $35.99.

Greetings,
These have been around way too long. Since you do not accept returns, would you please consider accepting $15.00 so they can have an owner who loves them regardless of their faults??
If not, I had to try and I completely understand if no.
I appreciate your time and service.
Kind Regards

Needless to say, I didn't reply & put them on my blocked list.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply