My sales way down

Is it only me, my sales down 50% this month? Haven\t changed anything and have some great interesting things for sale

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

My sales way down

How do your sales compare with this time last year?

If you don't keep your own records, this information is on your Seller page, but be careful, because it changes every day, which can be disconcerting.

It's better to look at May 2019 against May 2018 and May 2017, etc. to get an idea of the rythyms of your particular category.

For example, I could (and have) just closed down most Novembers and Decembers, because my products are not giftable, and collectors tend, in my experience, to turn their collection allowance to gifts for others during that time. Meanwhile others are having keeping kraft paper and bubblewrap in stock for packaging.

Message 2 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

Sales are down for a lot of people, especially the last 2 months.  There have always been dips in sales but they usually pick up. Not so this time.  Many factors can be blamed but I am sure a lot of eBay's changes are responsible.  They claim these changes will help the seller but that does not seem to be the case.  The sellers in the US are complaining by the thousands that their sales have dropped dramatically since the GTC change went through. Not looking forward to when we in Canada are forced into that too.

Message 3 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

Mine too have dropped off a cliff, so you are not the only one.  I don't know why the slowdown.

Message 4 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

I'm up ~250% but thats mostly because I landed a few high value sales. I have increased my total transaction significantly (not that I do a lot anyways) by actually trying harder lately. Listing new items every day, running promotions, tweaking prices and shipping, branching into other categories and cheaper items. Only problem  is I closed my store and now have no more free listings, oops.

Message 5 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

Not only you, ebay going down year after year and will gonna die soon. check on the net and you will find lot of topix about what and why ebay falling.

Message 6 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

And some date back to 2001.

The awfulness of Meg Whitman was a big reason for why eBay died.

Message 7 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

@2nd-time-around-jewelry wrote:

Sales are down for a lot of people, especially the last 2 months.  There have always been dips in sales but they usually pick up. Not so this time.  Many factors can be blamed but I am sure a lot of eBay's changes are responsible.  They claim these changes will help the seller but that does not seem to be the case.  The sellers in the US are complaining by the thousands that their sales have dropped dramatically since the GTC change went through. Not looking forward to when we in Canada are forced into that too.

Managed Payments is a dandyheading our way too. Remember what a boon this was going to be due to the fees being much less than Paypal? Well,  MP has not even launched here yet but ebay has already  begun "adjusting " their MP terms of service to implement a 0.25 transaction fee per listing sold.  Makes no difference if multiple items are combined on one invoice ... seller will still be charged 0.25 for listing sold, at least that is my interpretation of their terms.

If you successfully complete the managed payments onboarding process (in accordance with Section 4) on or after June 4, 2019 (starting at 00:00:00 (12:00 AM) Pacific Time): Your payments processing fees are calculated as (i) the payments processing rate plus (ii) $0.25 per listing sold (the “per listing payments fee”). Notwithstanding the foregoing clause (ii), for sellers who onboard to managed payments on or after June 4, 2019 the per listing payments fee is waived through September 30, 2019 at 23:59:59 Pacific Time (11:59 PM plus 59 seconds) and will take effect beginning October 1, 2019 at 00:00:00 Pacific Time (12:00 AM).

Payments processing fees do not include any sales tax, which will be added to this fee on your invoice if applicable.

https://pages.ebay.com/payment/2.0/terms.html#FeesJune2019

Message 8 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

@kawartha-ephemera wrote:

Managed Payments is a dandyheading our way too. Remember what a boon this was going to be due to the fees being much less than Paypal? Well,  MP has not even launched here yet but ebay has already  begun "adjusting " their MP terms of service to implement a 0.25 transaction fee per listing sold.  Makes no difference if multiple items are combined on one invoice ... seller will still be charged 0.25 for listing sold, at least that is my interpretation of their terms.

Yes, another ebay rip off. If managed payment adoption rate isn't sufficient to appease shareholders threatening your job you roll out changes like this. Look, magical revenue increases! Look we threatened people with more fees and signups increased! Might as well rename the company Uberbay.

Message 9 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

Payments Processing Fees

If (a) you have successfully completed the managed payments onboarding process (in accordance with Section 4) prior to 00:00:00 (12:00 AM) Pacific Time on June 4, 2019 and (b) your eBay account has remained continuously enabled for managed payments: Your payments processing fees are calculated as 2.7% of the total order amount, including shipping, handling, sales tax and other amounts owed (the “payments processing rate”).

Message 10 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

GTC?

Message 11 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

Good till cancelation that mean

Message 12 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

What is managed payments? And should we all be signing up for this to save selling/ final value fees???
Message 13 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

My sales have quadrupled these past two months! Mostly because I have more to sell, and have had some higher profit items, but still doing really well. I think it's because I mostly sell cosmetics and skincare and everyone's gearing up for summer!!!
Message 14 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

People are focused on... summertime...  with warm weather, a lot of time outside, vacations,  trips to the beach and elsewhere,  suntanning .... and having fun.... family fun...

People will buy less, and spend money elsewhere.   It is a time such as this that a seller should work to add lots of new listings.....  new inventory....new categories for selling, categories that complement the main category for sale..

Many people will begin to sell on eBay with lots of new inventory in a specific category......Then less  and less people will buy less  because they have already found what they want.

I have one main category  with several subcategories that complement the main category....  There are several categories  that have been added ...   not major, but they do sell well over a 12 month period.  Categories with 30 and more listings will sell well on eBay... always adding more to that category to keep the number at more than 30 listings.

A seller  has to constantly, work and rework their inventory on eBay....Make things  happen

Sometimes listings get "old"  longer than about 16 months on eBay.  My response is to start on June 1....of each year ..... end all listings that end each day,  and then relist the ended listings.......also adding new inventory as the days pass....  On July 1 ... all of the listings in my store on eBay  are viewed as new listings....

June is also a time when certain listings will be removed from eBay.

Right now About 19 % of my listings have watchers.....Each of these watchers will be notified when the listing  is relisted....and is available for purchase.....

Starting in August there should be a lot of newly registered buyers on eBay....  Also  the guest option on eBay has given me a lot of buyers interested in my inventory.

Message 15 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

@teenytrinkets 

The Managed Payments is part of the fallout from Carl Icahn's forced dismemberment of the eBay/Paypal marriage.

EBay will be going to Ayden, a Dutch company, to process payments at some future point, I think next year.

The big difference, besides that most of our customers like and trust Paypal, is on multiple sales.

With PP if you sell 10 items at $10 each, PP charges you 30 cents to process the single payment plus 2,7% (or 3.4% if the buyer is non-Canadian).

With Ayden/Managed Payments, eBay will charge you 27cents for each purchase, so $2.70 plus a percentage of the total.

No word yet on what Ayden will charge for non-Canadian payments or even what it will charge Canadian sellers, since it has only partially rolled out in the USA.

You will not save money.

It is also possible that you will lose sales due to mistrust of a new payment platform.

Message 16 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

pretty sure paypal is charging us 2.9%, plus .30 cents.. not 2.7%

Message 17 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

You're probably right, one effect of dysnumeria/ discalculia is that number just pour through my brain.

On the other hand I remember poems I read as a child in Chatelaine magazine.

Message 18 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

Is PayPal still not going to be an option for payment?

Message 19 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

My sales have also been down the past couple of months. Very discouraging.

Message 20 of 47
latest reply