My sales way down

Is it only me, my sales down 50% this month? Haven\t changed anything and have some great interesting things for sale

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

My sales way down

Ebay never figure out that "If it ain't broken, don't fix it".
Message 21 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

@katlover1952 wrote:

Is PayPal still not going to be an option for payment?

PayPal will be a buyer payment option when Ayden managed payments is fully rolled out.

Message 22 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

As I understand it paying via PAYPAL will be the same as everything else, the buyer pays, using whatever they choose and we see the money via the managed payment system.

Ie we won't know if the buyer used PAYPAL, or their bank, or their credit card, and we won't of course see the money arrive in PAYPAL as it does today.

Of course I might be wrong/misremembering, I haven't had my  morning coffee yet today!!!!

Message 23 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

As most buyers will be more familiar with PayPal & likely have accounts with them hopefully will continue to use them.

Message 24 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

@ricarmic wrote:

As I understand it paying via PAYPAL will be the same as everything else, the buyer pays, using whatever they choose and we see the money via the managed payment system.

That seems to be the case. You are completely cut off from receiving funds into paypal when this goes live.

Message 25 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

Then will Ayden allow me to attach my US bank account to my Ayden/Managed Payments account?

My RBCBank account allows me to move US dollars into my Royal Bank of Canada US dollar account, without foreign exchange and fees. I believe the same is true of TDNorth and TDCanada Trust US dollar accounts.

Perhaps this is a question for the Executive Chat tyler@ebay  is publicizing these days.

Message 26 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

I too have a US dollar account in the US that is attached to my Paypal account.  We will need to know if they can deposit money in it the same as Paypal does when requested. I assume we will each need our own account with Ayden.

Gee sometimes I just wish eBay would not make so many changes - especially ones that are going to affect us negatively. Wish they would spend more time fixing the things that are wrong on the site (like this forum & relisting/listing items from the different sites without having to sign on to the site originally listed in).

I am too old for all this new stuff!!

Message 27 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Then will Ayden allow me to attach my US bank account to my Ayden/Managed Payments account?

My RBCBank account allows me to move US dollars into my Royal Bank of Canada US dollar account, without foreign exchange and fees. I believe the same is true of TDNorth and TDCanada Trust US dollar accounts.

Perhaps this is a question for the Executive Chat tyler@ebay  is publicizing these days.

That is something I'd like to know myself. Currently If we want to accept USD that means selling through the US site, so the question becomes how are international accounts handled in this scenario? There are plenty of Canadian sellers who either have the Canadian accounts that support dual currencies or US bank accounts. On the accounting side ebay is happy to handle multicurrency but on the selling side, at least here, they are not willing to support it. 

So far everything that seems associated with ebay payments is a net negative in my view. Punish sellers who actually have an attach rate? Check. Hamper seller cash flow? Check. Ebay still stealing FVF revenue from partial refunds? Check. From working with other companies who accept multiple payments methods my experience is that usage of alternative payment methods outside of CC/paypal is next to nil unless there is a financial incentive offered. Not being able to pull money in via paypal and being forced into CAD would mean no reason to continue doing business here. When looked at from a vendor point of view, it's more than enough reason to fire ebay. 

Message 28 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

Thanks,Scary
Message 29 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

Thanks!
Message 30 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

Thanks
Message 31 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

eBay sales are down for everyone since they push Chinese sellers in the first few pages with 200 items view .So people get bored scrolling and they go elsewhere to shop .Simple .

When i search for stuff in Canada first that pop up is Chinese sellers ,when i get tired searching I move to .com because its easier to escape from Chinese listing .Thats why .com is much better then .ca .

And never the least cheaper on store fees and more sales .

I paid over $70 in only store fees and got almost nothing in .ca 

Even tho i heard on the radio advertising for eBay.ca its look like doesnt work for most of us .

Message 32 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

You are right. It is looking pretty negative for sellers. I live near the US border & have a US bank account. I sell in .com as well & avoid the exchange rates this way. If we are not going to be able to receive our US  funds now & eBay exchanges to Canadian that is very negative for sellers. But for eBay it will be good because they will pick up another few cents in the US dollar transactions. Would be very nice to know how this is going to work.

Message 33 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

Using PayPals reports, 2018 up 28% over 2017. Still nowhere near what it was but its slowly turning around. 2019 been patchy but holding those numbers so far.
Message 34 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

Just an update from my glorious "up 250%" post from May 23... my sales have been horrible since then, I think only 1 transaction since then. I've made a different thread about it as well.

Message 35 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

"Not being able to pull money in via paypal and being forced into CAD would mean no reason to continue doing business here. When looked at from a vendor point of view, it's more than enough reason to fire eBay".

I will definitely be leaving eBay as soon the Ayden/Managed Payments becomes mandatory. I'm getting to old for all these changes especially when they are purely greed driven.

With PayPal I have Monthly Sales Reports and Financial Reports I could print off every month to keep track on my sales. I'm wondering how long before Ayden/Managed Payments becomes mandatory?    

Message 36 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

@silverpinups wrote:

... I'm wondering how long before Ayden/Managed Payments becomes mandatory?

Short answer is not soon. 

eBay's official target is 2021 to have the majority of sellers switched over.

The USA eBay.com site has been beta testing since last year. GTC is still not allowed.

The German eBay.de site just started beta testing in 2019.

The eBay agreement with PayPal was extended to 2023.

I have less worries than some other posters about the switch since I already deal with managed payments on the A-river.   I may not be happy with some of the changes, but will not stop me from selling on eBay.

Back to original topic:  My dead sale zone this year was mid-March to end of April (on all my selling venues, not just eBay).  Since then sales have recovered.

-..-

Message 37 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

My dead zone was also around March/April...I think those are spring cleaning months so people are getting rid of stuff - not buying it. My theory, anyway.

May was my best month ever. I think people are spending their tax refunds and prepping for summer!
Message 38 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

@silverpinups wrote:

With PayPal I have Monthly Sales Reports and Financial Reports I could print off every month to keep track on my sales. I'm wondering how long before Ayden/Managed Payments becomes mandatory?    

That is a key point. Ebay can't even be bothered to store data past 90 days and I wouldn't trust the accuracy of any of their reports for financial purposes. It greatly complicates matters for anyone looking beyond the hobbyist/occasional level of selling. With paypal you can literally process everything you need in a few hours, and kick that over to whatever inventory/accounting system you use. There is literally no value proposition here and regardless of how they try to spin it this is hard to look at as anything other than a cash grab at the seller's expense designed to improved eBay's short term cash flow.

Message 39 of 47
latest reply

My sales way down

Yes, this is one of my main concerns.... it's going to be an accounting nightmare for serious business sellers that file with the CRA for tax purposes. If Ayden/Managed Payments converts my US sales into CDN and deposits them into my Bank Account and I'm receiving PayPal payments in USD from my website it's just going to become an accounting nightmare. I want things to be clean and simple and I currently have that now with PayPal.    

How many monthly records am I going to have to keep? My business is also based on USD and converted to CDN when the yearly average conversion rate comes from the Bank of Canada at the end of the year. 

Sales on eBay are slowly decreasing each year for me and I just don't think it's worth all the headaches I'm going to experience and have to adjust to when Ayden/Managed Payments eventually roles out in the next few years.    

Message 40 of 47
latest reply