New Listing Promo Now Through Jan 26th

New listing promo, good for New Listings only......Auction or fixed price 5, 7 and 10 duration.

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

"Can you recommend other way for correction of these 32 listings? "

End them and use "Sell similar" to relist them at 30 days.

To be safe, I suggest you do one to confirm it all works as it should.

Message 21 of 51
latest reply

Thanks Pierre, will start on them tonight.

Will be a bit time consuming, but hopefully it pays off.

Good Luck to everyone with the Promo.

Message 22 of 51
latest reply

Pierre,

But these 32 items were created through "sell similar" and 32 was subtracted from 1000 that is allowed.

No sense for me delete them now, hopefully something may be sold within 10 days.  

I just though that correction that was made earlier today will be extended to items that were listed prior to the correction.

Message 23 of 51
latest reply

Do you really expect to list 1,000 items in the next few days using the promotion?

If not, may as well end and list for 30 days.

If you do, then let those 32 listings go for 10 days and see what happens.

There will be another promotion next month... and the month after that...

Message 24 of 51
latest reply

1000 free listings is a great promotion. But you need to know your monthly selling limits. You may not be able to list anywhere near the 1000 mark. Mostly for those of us who have lower limits. I have a limit of 240. So that where I can max out.
Message 25 of 51
latest reply

I'm so glad I read this thread just before going to bed.  I listed about 50 Fixed Price this evening, all for 10 days, since my promo didn't mention the 30 days.

I tested a few by ending them and then re-listing as Sell Similar for 30 days and they worked.  The Fixed Price promotion is very beneficial to me, especially a 30-day duration, because I am only allowed to use my free listings for auctions since I sell in Health and Beauty.

So I am very pleased with this promotion, even if it means extra work to re-do my earlier listings.

Message 26 of 51
latest reply

eBay is driving me nuts!

The message I received yesterday clearly stated:

"By invitation only and applies to pierrelebel; do not forward"

The announcement on eBay.com:

"This Promotion is available to all sellers who meet eBay's minimum seller performance standards"

http://announcements.ebay.com/2015/01/all-sellers-list-for-free-up-to-1000-new-listings-auction-styl...

Message 27 of 51
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

eBay is driving me nuts!

The announcement on eBay.com:

"This Promotion is available to all sellers who meet eBay's minimum seller performance standards"

http://announcements.ebay.com/2015/01/all-sellers-list-for-free-up-to-1000-new-listings-auction-styl...

Hi Pierre,

I just looked at the promo email in your eBay Messages and the one there says the right thing, which is that this is a site-wide promo open to all sellers.

Which email are you talking about and can you forward me a copy as an attachment please?

Thanks!

-R

Message 28 of 51
latest reply

"Which email are you talking about"

Take a look: it is in "my messages" from eBay Jan 21 8:00pm

Message 29 of 51
latest reply

I just looked a mine. It says by invitation only, do not forward. At the very bottom of the message!
Message 30 of 51
latest reply

Thanks to Pierre for finding the error. That line should have been removed, our promo team missed it. Apologies to everyone.

Just to confirm: this is a site wide promo. Everyone's invited.

Thanks,

-R

Message 31 of 51
latest reply

"our promo team missed it"

This is the second error on the same promo.

This tells me eBay staff is either overworked or stretched too thin.

Yet, your management is cutting 2,400 employees this year!

What am I missing?

By the way will the job cuts affect the Canadian operation in Toronto?

Message 32 of 51
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

"our promo team missed it"

This is the second error on the same promo.

This tells me eBay staff is either overworked or stretched too thin.

Yet, your management is cutting 2,400 employees this year!

What am I missing?

By the way will the job cuts affect the Canadian operation in Toronto?

Obviously errors like this shouldn't happen, no matter how few employees we have or how big the work load. This was an honest mistake, one that you can trust we will not repeat.

Regarding the reduction in workforce announced this week, no one knows yet who will be affected and where.

Message 33 of 51
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

Well, at least you got a message.  As usual, it's the day after the start of the promotion and I haven't received an email message about it, although it did show up on my "Summary" page (as usual).  I've now more or less trained myself to check the "Promotional Offers" section of my "Summary" page every day, so I don't miss the promos. 

This one, with fixed price 30-day duration included, is just what I've been waiting for!  

Message 34 of 51
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

@pierrelebel wrote:

Well, at least you got a message.  As usual, it's the day after the start of the promotion and I haven't received an email message about it, although it did show up on my "Summary" page (as usual).  I've now more or less trained myself to check the "Promotional Offers" section of my "Summary" page every day, so I don't miss the promos. 

This one, with fixed price 30-day duration included, is just what I've been waiting for!  

Hi rose-dee,

The reason you aren't receiving email notifications about promos is because you are opted out of promotional emails from eBay. If you want to receive such emails, you'll have to go to your Communications Preferences and tick the box to receive promotional emails from eBay.

Message 35 of 51
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@rose-dee wrote:

@pierrelebel wrote:

Hi rose-dee,

The reason you aren't receiving email notifications about promos is because you are opted out of promotional emails from eBay. If you want to receive such emails, you'll have to go to your Communications Preferences and tick the box to receive promotional emails from eBay.

As mentioned before, I rarely receive an email or info in ebay messages about promotions and didn't receive this one either. My preferences do show that I want to receive them.

Message 36 of 51
latest reply

Is this the preference selection box you are referring to?

General email promotions
Send me emails about what's new and hot on eBay, great deals, special events, discount coupons and other special offers.

If this is the option you mentioned, the reason I haven't toggled it on is that I don't want to be swamped every other day with general marketing and promotional emails from eBay.  

It's too bad the seller promos can't be dealt with separately in the Preferences section, but I'll just have to continue to check my Summary page each day.  

Message 37 of 51
latest reply

Have you ever tried checking it off to see if you do get a bunch of junk mail? I do have it checked off and get very few emails from ebay.

Of course I don't get invites to promotions either. lol

I see that on ebay.com they have split up the options -

General email promotions
Send me emails about what's new and hot on eBay, great deals, special events, discount coupons and other special offers.

Seller email promotions
Send me emails about seller specials like fee and listing discounts, selling tips and other ways to get started selling or get more from selling on eBay
Message 38 of 51
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh just great!!  I would love to post them at fixed price for 30-day duration!  Darn!!  I have used up all my unsold items at 10-day duration.  Had I knew I would use 30-day instead.

I am not happy with this "silly" promo that we cannot "relist" our unsold items.  It is very, very, very time consuming because we have to make sure to delete the items we just post by using "similar" and there is no blue half arrow icon to tell us.

It happened to me 3 times that I post by "similar" that are duplicate lisitng.  Very time consuming having to check back to the active to see if the specific items have been posted and then back to unsold items to delete them and back and forth.

And what more I noticed eBay has removed the blue half arrow icon last week.  I prefer that eBay would put it back so we can see the blue icon easily and delete the specific items.

I wonder why eBay needs to remove the half blue icon, to cause us troubles for duplicate listings or what?

I am disappointed that whoever at eBay got busy working on making our lives more complicated, making more time consuming, etc.,  Why?  

Do not fix it if it is NOT broken.  Please put the half blue arrow icon back immediately!!   It is very time consuming to see "re-listed" which is not clear like the blue half arrow icon and as for using "similar" we are not sure if we did post the specific items and have to go back and forth and back and forth to make sure and of course I ended up with 3 duplicate listings because of that.

Please next time with the future free listings, we are allow to "relist" our unsold items at any time.  Also with fixed-priced format it should be 30 days not 10 days.  It is silly to offer us a promo for fixed-priced format for 10-day duration, I would prefer to use auction-style format for 10-duration not fixed-priced format.  It is so silly.

Thanks for the free promos but this one is so silly, not allow to "relist" and fixed-priced format for 10-day duration, should be 30-day duration. 

I am disappointed as I am done with 1000/1000 already, darn, I wish I knew as I would love to have them for 30-day duration as I sold more items that way than during 10-day duration for the fixed-priced format.

Thanks.

Message 39 of 51
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

How if my 1000/1000 are gone??

Message 40 of 51
latest reply