New Managed Payment solution

Right now i have no payment system, and refuse to use PayPal

I heard Ebay Canada was suppose to have there payment system up and running way before 2021

I have applied for this new payment twice awhile ago twice. So we are now into 2021 and was wondering when i can start using this new system.  Or this only for stores?  I thought was for everyone and everyone would be on it in 2020.

I need this new system ASAP since i have no payment and people message always why they can't pay.  Weird i apply twice and nothing happens.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

MP is being rolled out gradually in groups and all Canadian sellers will be required to join to be able to continue selling on eBay, BUT Until eBay invites/requests/requires you to join the Managed Payment system, you will need to use PayPal.

Simply put:PayPal payment system is required until accepted into the MP system.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

"MP is being rolled out gradually in groups and all Canadian sellers will be required to join to be able to continue selling on eBay,"

We are not given a choice of payment systems? Any idea when this will be implemented?

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

For the near future, eBay has Paypal and Managed Payments running together.

Sellers have to be invited into MP, and until they are, that is not an option.

MP was first rolled out in the States and in Germany. Canada is only now coming on program.

You have at the moment two choices Paypal or not selling here.

Actually, how did you manage to list anything without a payment method (basically Paypal) confirmed?  Your listings show PP as a payment method.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I think it's the first time I've seen someone refusing to use PayPal... If I had the choice, I would continue to use it forever. It's MP that I don't want to use!

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

I think it's the first time I've seen someone refusing to use PayPal... If I had the choice, I would continue to use it forever. It's MP that I don't want to use!

I refused to use PayPal from 2002 when eBay acquired PayPal until 2006(?) when it was made mandatory.

I still have one selling id that has not been invited to MP, can't wait for that to happen so I can dump PayPal forever.

To be clear I never had any issues of consequence with PayPal I just don't need yet another service to use and if someone if going to profit from my payment processing I'd rather it was eBay, might help keep overall fees from going up if eBay can make an extra Billion or two in profits.

I have no allegiance to PayPal, they have done nothing for me, eBay on the other hand has given me an easy opportunity to make money.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I was delighted with the introduction of Billpoint, which ended those long waits for payment and checks that bounced.

Not thrilled to change to Paypal when eBay bought it, but happy enough with how smoothly they worked together.

Unhappy when eBay was forced to sell off Paypal.

And not happy with the secrecy of Managed Payments nor with the limited banking arrangements.

But we will adjust.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Speaking as an "old timer" still a lot better than having to deal with piles of cheques, which somewhat limited us to North American buyers... I still have this to deal with with my traditional "line of business" via snail mail.....

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

You wouldn't be any further ahead with the eBay one, payout system hasn't worked for a week.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

What I hate about MP is that I can't keep money in my account as long as I want to, just like I do with PayPal. I can choose to use my US funds to purchase things on eBay or elsewhere or I can transfer it in C$ when the exchange rate is good. Impossible to do this with MP. So I hope I never get invited.

Also, I don't want to open a bank account just for that payment processor (I won't give them access to my regular bank account because I don't want them to take money there anytime they want in case of a dispute). And I don't want to open a US$ account either.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@lady.stark

Well, you can't attach an American bank account anyway since we are registered in Canada.

We could open a Canadian account in US dollars, but that would just mean paying two sets of currency exchange fees instead of one as USD payments arrive.

The best suggestion sounds like an online chequing account used only for online sales. But I am still confused about how monthly fees are collected when there is not enough in the MP account and how refunds are handled if one becomes necessary.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

The best suggestion sounds like an online chequing account used only for online sales. But I am still confused about how monthly fees are collected when there is not enough in the MP account and how refunds are handled if one becomes necessary.

They will be on your monthly invoice paid with whatever backup payment method you have on file. The only change here is that under PayPal all fees went on your monthly invoice, under MP only fees OTHER than fvf go on your monthly invoice.

If you used PayPal as your auto-pay method for fees that will be the default under MP but you can change it to a bank account, debit or credit card.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 12 of 12
latest reply