New Payout Scheduling Options

I received an email on this, don't see an official announcement yet.

recped_0-1637094134413.png

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

@recped 

The feature is live. The first thing I thought of for bi-weekly was twice per week. Correct only in some situations. Unfortunately not in this one.

Biweekly and bimonthly can mean the same thing because of the prefix bi-, which here can mean “occurring every two” or “occurring twice in.” Therefore, biweekly can be “twice in a week” or “every other week.” Bimonthly can also mean "every other week" if it's twice in a month, or it can mean “every other month.”

-Lotz

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Where is that definition from?

Bi-weekly, bi-monthly, bi-annual they have always meant "once every two" to me.

Perhaps that's a US definition?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

A 2 second google. With several results dispaying the same interpretation. Tuesday and Friday would be perfect for me. Every 2 weeks, not so much.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@recped wrote:

Where is that definition from?

Bi-weekly, bi-monthly, bi-annual they have always meant "once every two" to me.

Perhaps that's a US definition?

Agreed, have never seen bi-weekly mean anything other than "every two weeks". In the email "bi-weekly" is listed after "monthly" but before "weekly" implying the bi-weekly means every two weeks.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Every two weeks or even monthly would be fine for sellers who mostly sell for the fun of it.

For those depending on selling for their liveliehood, daily, weekly or again every two weeks (which matches a paycheque,eh?) would be better.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I chose daily simply because I don't want ebay hoarding my money! Lol
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

@recped - thank you for sharing this! I had heard rumors this was happening 'sometime in the future' but had no idea it was ready for prime time. 

I think this lays the groundwork for us to see the option to use funds to purchase on eBay as well, though don't quote me, just my personal opinion.  

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I have to admit I've grown fond of my weekly "paycheque" - I don't think I'll even move to 2 weeks!

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

No thanks eBay, I like the weekly deposits directly into my bank account, I use the money elsewhere instead of buying on eBay...

...I guess I was not alone, hence the reason for this change to payouts, fewer sellers who are also Buyers with other accounts are spending their "sales" on the platform.

I already knew this as I posted a few weeks ago about how I buy much less on eBay since MP became "Law"

I am not going to change my current settings, thanks eBay 😉

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@brettjet38 wrote:

No thanks eBay, I like the weekly deposits directly into my bank account, I use the money elsewhere instead of buying on eBay...

...I guess I was not alone, hence the reason for this change to payouts, fewer sellers who are also Buyers with other accounts are spending their "sales" on the platform.

I already knew this as I posted a few weeks ago about how I buy much less on eBay since MP became "Law"

I am not going to change my current settings, thanks eBay 😉

How about sellers being given the option to choose a day of the week that works bests for them? Not perfect but then they(sellers) would have some control especially when expecting fees to be removed on a certain day.

-Lotz

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I think they (eBay) need to sort out that whole "Catagories" fiasco, what a mess in the item specifics, especially if you are not used to the eVey interface as we "old-timers" are...

...it shows when you go search for something and all these odd things show up in the results.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

"How about sellers being given the option to choose a day of the week that works bests for them? Not perfect but then they would have some control especially when they are expecting fees to be removed on a certain day."

That's too convenient for members...

...they need to keep the funds close to them, the odds are better they will be respent on the platform and generating "fees" for eBay., instead of in our hands and used on Amazon for example.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@brettjet38 wrote:

I think they (eBay) need to sort out that whole "Catagories" fiasco, what a mess in the item specifics, especially if you are not used to the eVey interface as we "old-timers" are...

...it shows when you go search for something and all these odd things show up in the results.

Strange on that note how in the past it was so critical that sellers listed in the precise correct category. Now, not so much. And I know I am not the only seller selling mixed lots!!!

-Lotz

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

What makes you think listing in the proper category isn't important anymore?

I would say that it's more important than ever.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

Because with the new options the best choice appears to be close enough vs what was available in the past. Many buyers are now reporting attempting searches and finding items that do not belong on a routine basis. I know I have. Removing choice rarely makes things easier.

-Lotz

Message 16 of 16
latest reply