New Product Launch email today ... Promoted Listing Express

Ebay sent this to my inbox today,

New: Get more eyes (eyeballs icon) on your auctions, more chances of dollars (dollar bill icon)

The email's text and included link to Get Started are included below. Seems like an odd approach, not available on desktop. Has anyone went down this rabbit hole yet? 

We’re delighted to introduce you to Promoted Listings Express, a new way to boost visibility for your auction-style listings to interested buyers on eBay.ca. Pay one upfront, flat fee and your listing could appear in sponsored ads on similar listings’ pages until your auction ends or sells. Eligible sellers can promote their listings from the eBay app today!

https://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/listing-and-marketing/promoted-listings-express.html?ul_ref=http...

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

It is interesting one doesn't see the price till near the end. I would be interested to know how expensive it is....

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

The vague pricing has me wondering about that too.

If the flat fee reflects the recommended trending rates on Standard PL this new version would be a hard no for me. The fee is charged upfront and is non-refundable even if there are no bids.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Discussion feedback from the release on dot com.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Promoted-Listings-Express-For-Auctions/m-p/32299373

See post 19/34 for added confusion. n/c

-Lotz

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera 

7.99 USD (and applicable taxes???) has got thrown around a bit and you still pay if item doesn't sell. May take a major cost benefit analysis to confirm if it's worthwhile. I believe the last time I used Auction was 2016 so non-starter for me.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I hadn't noticed it was only available via the app, I don't "do things that way", so I'll have to wait anyway.

I expect it for me will be like the "per click" stuff that is coming, it isn't really effective for one off items, although given it is for auctions it might be different.

I do know that if something gets bid up early in the process, the views are significantly higher. Presumably this also means the odds are higher that it will close higher.

If the promoted express does the same thing, it might do the same thing, however, a couple thoughts come to mind:

-one has to balance how much it costs vs the "average" return on the items promoted, ie if it costs 10% of what one is auctioning, then one has to average at least 10% more for it to be worthwhile.

-how many people use it? Same as for regular promoted listings, if "everyone" is doing it, all that's happening is eBay's getting lotsa promoted $$$ and the overall exposure result is diminished.

For sure I will experiment with it. What I experiment with will depend on the amount. If its something like $5, then I'll only be using it on expensive stuff, likely stuff listing for $50 or more for example.... no way I'm going to promote an item likely to sell normally in the $10 to $15 range, the likelihood of it going more than $5 higher than normal wouldn't average out I'm sure.

I am lucky in that I have a lot of "regular" but "unique" items that generally sell for about the same amount. I'll be able to tell if it makes a difference with them, again pending how expensive it is....

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Wow that is higher than I expected.

Won't be doing much experimenting at that price.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Just finished reading the entire DOTcom discussion. Based on the 3 pricing examples reported by those who tested it I predict this product will not be greeted with much enthusiasm. Pricing encountered ranged from 2.99 on a pair of $100 sneakers to 7.99 on a $30 boat part, to 3.49 on a $5 toy.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

All eBay promotions are designed to benefit eBay.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera wrote:
Just finished reading the entire DOTcom discussion. Based on the 3 pricing examples reported by those who tested it I predict this product will not be greeted with much enthusiasm. Pricing encountered ranged from 2.99 on a pair of $100 sneakers to 7.99 on a $30 boat part, to 3.49 on a $5 toy.

Interesting discussion regarding the new Promoted Listing options. Especially how it relates to billing for "views/clicks" and how it could be directly affecting your traffic going forward.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Visibility-of-listings-views-and-sales-in-US-dropped/td-p/3239...

https://www.valueaddedresource.net/ebay-impressions-sales-down/

-Lotz

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

...at it again feeBay, no thanks.

More nonsense 😂 from the feemakers...

Message 11 of 11
latest reply