New Promo...List 20 items for free. YES....20!

http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2015/0910/Anniversary.html

20 free, plus save 20% on fees. (Which I get anyway). 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Wow, let's all get selling!

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I know eh? These promos seem to comes in dribs and drabs, lol.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

According to Raphael, this morning:

"The free listing count should work on both sites independently as usual, and the 20% discount from the promo should work along with the 20% earned by Top Rated sellers."

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@gillian1023 wrote:
I know eh? These promos seem to comes in dribs and drabs, lol.

Yes, they seem to be cutting them in half each time.  Didn't they start with promos of over 100,000 last year?  

Soon we'll be offer 1 free listing.  Whoopee! 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

According to Raphael, this morning:

"The free listing count should work on both sites independently as usual, and the 20% discount from the promo should work along with the 20% earned by Top Rated sellers."

So does it mean if an item sold for $10, the FVF should be... $1 x 0.8 x 0.8 = $0.64? Or is it gonna be $1 - 0.20 - 0.20 = $0.60?

I suppose it's better than nothing...... Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

With your large number of listings, you should open a store and pay lower FVF on all transactions.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Nah, as you can probably tell my sell through rate is quite low (too specific niche), so I can't justify paying for a store... to me, eBay is a hobby that I can give up anytime if needed. If I pay for a store I'd feel more obligated to spend more time on it... when I'm busy enough with work as is. I work full time right now and I'm going back to school part time this Fall.

Half of what I sell is my hobby collection, not an "inventory" so whatever I sell here is a bonus and the money goes towards my hobby fund lol. The other half are drop-shipped (no inventory) and I started that a few months ago simply because of the free listing promos.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

My guess is that they will do $1 x 0.8 x 0.8 = $0.64?

I'm sure that's how it was done last time...the second 20% was taken off of the already discounted rate.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this promo too but it is NOT working, no matter what categories or auction-style or fixed-priced, etc, etc!  Darn eBay!!  Anotehr so-called glitch!!

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

"I got this promo too but it is NOT working,"

It has worked just fine with me on both eBay.ca and Bay.com

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I had it come up and I clicked on it. For each listing I did ( which was around 170 this week ), the charges kept coming up as $0.00. I clicked on my account to view how much my bill was this week and saw they charged me over $130.00
Now is their a fault or something I should know about cause there was no listing fee which is why I kept listing for the week. 
I think I just got taken ( unless the discount is to appear later on )

Input needed before I flip my lid lol 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I don't remember every seeing  0 charge on the sell your item form and then getting charged on the invoice so I'm not sure what is going on. Even if you were charged for all 170, the cost would be less than $130.Are you looking at 'see all account activity' to check the dates and to see exactly what you are being charged for?

What other promos did you receive other than the list 20 one? You should be able to see that on your 'my ebay' page or selling manager.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply