New eBay Label Service

2budds
Community Member

Used it today for the first time.  There are a couple of bugs to fix:  This was for a package going within Canada.

Package weight is in pounds and ounces ; but the package dimensions are in cm

Does not show you how much the added package insurance cost is.  

The printed label does not give you some type of receipt for your own records, like Paypal shipping and Shippo.  

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: New eBay Label Service

@luv4orphans wrote:

What is CP Level 1, 1 and 2?

Levels for Canada Post Solutions for Small Business / Venture One members

Amount paid for shipping  labels over 12 months (excludes sales tax), through Canada Post, PayPal or Shippo.

Level 1 -- up to $2500

Level 2 -- $2500 to $5000

Level 3 -- $5000 to $7500

Level 4 -- over $7500

Message 21 of 41
latest reply

@luv4orphans wrote:

Okay that's great to know. Where do the funds come from. Our funds are stuck on ebay until they release them to our bank account, not paypal.  How long will paypal agree to let ebay sellers used their sites to print labels only. Am I missing something here.

There will be a fee if not one already.

I know when purchasing something the cost is always higher on paypal than what is quoted on ebay. Buyer's fee? When you purchase something it still goes through paypal to pay for it.

I better give it up for a couple of hours here. All I am getting is a headache just trying to figure this all out.

Could have gotten there much faster if you didn't take the milk route and made all these stops along the way and that's what this is. A mumbo jumbo nightmare.

You would have to fund it separately.  If you don't have funds in PP and want to print a label there you should be able to use a credit card.  I'm not sure if they would allow you to fund with the bank account attached to PP.
Message 22 of 41
latest reply

Now yas got it. For me there is no rational reason to use eBay Labels. Shippo I qualify for level 2 discount and until there is an inkling of a way to link a current running account there isn't a rational reason to use it. Just very annoying that it defaults every time to this new system. When Net Parcel showed up you opted out. Done deal. Opt in when or if you wanted.

-Lotz

Message 23 of 41
latest reply

@luv4orphans wrote:

It wasn't for me as of Monday the last time I had to print a label. Dimensions were adjustable but not the weight. It was still in onces and lbs and didn't budge. Had to take my last 2 parcels to the post office. Was getting the same problem on Shippo plus it was telling me I had no account with them.

Oh ya I forgot to clear my cookies. Lol Maybe that was the problem.

With Shippo you have to watch the default for weights/lengths. It automatically ports the original listing info to the label. You have to uncheck and enter the correct weight. As far as I can tell there is no way to uncheck for all your orders.

-Lotz

Message 24 of 41
latest reply

One other thing to keep in mind for folks who are at CP level 1. In order to reach CP level 2 discounts you need to purchase $2500 worth of lables in the last 12 months. If you use Shippo, Snapship or PP labels you can accumulate those purchases, and one day if your sales are good, perhaps you can get to CP level 2 discount. However because eBay labels does not use your CP account info, you will never reach CP level 2 if you use the eBay system. Why eBay designed it this way is anyones guess, since Shippo, PP and Snapship accumulate the totals, and have forever.

Message 25 of 41
latest reply

@flyhooks4less wrote:

Why eBay designed it this way is anyones guess

Maybe they managed to secure heavily discounted rates for themselves and are pocketing the difference?  I mean, if I could put everyone's shipments on my own account, I'd reach level 4 in a jiffy...  (Puts on tinfoil hat)

Message 26 of 41
latest reply

This has been my experience with Snap ship and PayPal but not my experience with Shippo. shippo will only use my CP account for manual labels. They insist on using their account for all eBay labels and they do not accumulate to Level 2. Just PayPal & Snap Ship. I tried through their support to get that fixed but Shippo never did. 

Are you positive, if you look at Shippo list of your connected couriers that you do not see 2 accounts listed, one for your personal and one marked eBAY Only? That's what I see on mine. They told me not to delete theirs.

Thanks

Message 27 of 41
latest reply

@2budds wrote:

Used it today for the first time.  There are a couple of bugs to fix:  This was for a package going within Canada.

Package weight is in pounds and ounces ; but the package dimensions are in cm

Does not show you how much the added package insurance cost is.  

The printed label does not give you some type of receipt for your own records, like Paypal shipping and Shippo.  

You should get a receipt from eBay via email (not eBay Msg") when you print the label. Watch for the subject line...."Your eBay label is ready" I'm not sure if it will include a breakdown showing GST or added insurance as mine have been international labels without added insurance. 

Message 28 of 41
latest reply

Nice work. 

I've compared all my Lev 1 costs for Int Tr Pkt on Snap Ship and eBay Labels. They are the same price. 

Message 29 of 41
latest reply

All of my eBay labels done on Shippo count toward my Canada Post SB account.  I can see that when I look at my dashboard on CP.  I dont know why your experience is different.

Message 30 of 41
latest reply

I had a combined sale to Norway for 6 items. The eBay label system wouldn't take 6 items. The maximum seems to be only 5 items. 

Has anyone else had this happen? 

Obviously no one is going to print 2 different labels for one international shipment.

Message 31 of 41
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

All of my eBay labels done on Shippo count toward my Canada Post SB account.  I can see that when I look at my dashboard on CP.

Same here.  @intimewithmusic , can you not edit Shippo's eBay-only account and add your own customer number?

shippo_ebay2.png

Message 32 of 41
latest reply

I haven't used eBay labels yet but I know that a the PP customs forms only had  5 lines so if I had 2 or something I would put it one line.  Can you do that with eBay labels?

Message 33 of 41
latest reply

@intimewithmusic wrote:

I had a combined sale to Norway for 6 items. The eBay label system wouldn't take 6 items. The maximum seems to be only 5 items. 

Has anyone else had this happen? 

Obviously no one is going to print 2 different labels for one international shipment.

If you are selling/shipping items that are similar in nature....Example 3 magazines 24.99 each you could use the same line and HS classification to reduce the number of lines you are using. I realize this can work for some sellers but not all. I rarely sell multiple different items but occasionally sell similar items and have used this procedure in the past. (Work & eBay) As long as the math adds up it's all good as far as customs is concerned. (If the weights are different add together and average.) Another reason it is a good idea to keep your pricing consistent.

-Lotz

Message 34 of 41
latest reply

Thanks! 

@fbriere wrote:

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

All of my eBay labels done on Shippo count toward my Canada Post SB account.  I can see that when I look at my dashboard on CP.

Same here.  @intimewithmusic , can you not edit Shippo's eBay-only account and add your own customer number?

shippo_ebay2.png

I think its allowing it this time. Last time I kept getting an error message. I'll see if the next label I print from Shippo is added to my Canada Post account. I know it takes a month or so to appear but it's worth a try.

I do like the cheaper insurance and the return USA label feature from Shippo.

Thanks! 

Intime

Message 35 of 41
latest reply

I know about that workaround.  As long as they share the same tariff numbers I would combine them when needed. If the tariffs are all different doing that is risky business.

Message 36 of 41
latest reply

I just tried to replace my Shippo # with my own number. this time it's letting me. I'll put a watch on Can Post to see if they show up in my dash. Thanks!

Message 37 of 41
latest reply

@intimewithmusic wrote:

I know about that workaround.  As long as they share the same tariff numbers I would combine them when needed. If the tariffs are all different doing that is risky business.

Definitely makes the customs form poorly designed especially for sellers selling multiple variations with different price points/HS classes. Limit with the CP online customs form is 6(counter). Snapship is up to 36 lines except for Small packet Air with a limit of 12 lines. Couriers are as many as required.

-Lotz

Message 38 of 41
latest reply

@intimewithmusic wrote:

I'll see if the next label I print from Shippo is added to my Canada Post account. I know it takes a month or so to appear but it's worth a try.

They always appear quickly for me, so I doubt you'll have to wait that long.

Message 39 of 41
latest reply

I think you're right there but the CP disclaimer is they may only include in your tally postage purchased in the previous month. It depends on the date the label is purchased and the lag in time for Shippo to relay the purchases I think.

Message 40 of 41
latest reply