New seller cannot list any item

I just started my eBay account yesterday and listed one item for $140. My listing limit is 10 listings and $1000. I only have one listing but when I go to list another one it says I have already reached my limit. Can anyone help?
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I cannot see any items at all listed for this ID.

Whilst it is one item, what quantity is it? (I believe the $1,000 would include counts, so if the quantity was 8 or higher it would be over the 1,000 limit)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I cannot see any items at all listed for this ID.

Whilst it is one item, what quantity is it? (I believe the $1,000 would include counts, so if the quantity was 8 or higher it would be over the 1,000 limit)

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

It probably hasn’t shown up because I just listed it last night.The product has 2 variations, 1 for $60, another for $80. However, I do have 6 quantity listed total for both variations can that be the issue?
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Hi again, I am not sure about how it counts variations, but that is likely the case.

As a note, I should be able to see the item because I'm just looking at the items you have listed which should show it immediately.

I suspect that it isn't showing because it is "cumulatively" over the limit (despite the fact that 6 x 60 and 6 x 80 on its own isn't, but I don't have any variations experience so I might be misunderstanding how it gets counted).

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

To learn if that is the problem, reduce the number available until you can list.

Remember that you can only list 10 items a month, and each one that sells remains part of those allowable listings.

After 30 days you can ask to have your restrictions eased.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for the help. The issue was that I had my quantities set too high relative to my limits. Once I changed the quantity to 1 I was able to list more items.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply