New selling form, things I've noticed so far...

So far there's 2 things I actually like about the new forms:

-I mentioned this in another thread but they fixed things so you can change the campaign a promoted item is attached to when relisting or selling similar, that was broken on the old forms

-I like that you can flip the photos now, it makes this very easy now for me at least, I never bothered to before because it was a pain for me to do and the ability to do this makes my picture taking more effective.

There is an error I've noticed, not sure if it is affecting others:

-the "excluded countries" list for shipping is wrong, or different from my actual excluded countries. I discovered this as a result of a problem with a buyer buying from a restricted country. I have currently 104 excluded countries, when I go to relist or sell similar it shows 101 (the number before I did recent changes) or 104 when filling out the form however when it is actully relisted/sell similar there are ONLY 51 countries in the list, and I can't determine where the 51 comes from it looks like an abridged version of the 104. I can fix this by simply reapplying the countries to all listings. I've got a ticket in with the support folks on this one at the moment. If you have excluded countries, you might want to check to make sure your list is correct if you use relist/sell similar.

Other frustrations:

-one has to be patient when changing shipping charges, I have domestic, Canada, and international flat shipping rates attached to listings and if I go too fast at changing the shipping cost $$ amount, it reverts the last one changed back to the original. This has happened to me a few times now so I have to keep an eye on those when I'm updating them. (Of course its the international one it reverts which is the most expensive one for me to have wrong!)

-Like many others I find the item specifics cumbersome but at least in my world they're surviveable so far.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If devon@ebay  isn't overwhelmed by all these lists, he must be at least whelmed by now.

But we can add your problems to the ever expanding list.

BTW-  I never had any problems with turning my pictures the right way, but I mostly use scans rather than photos. There is a twirly round arrow on the form that does it. (Note the high level of technical knowlege in naming the doomahinkey.)

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

If devon@ebay  isn't overwhelmed by all these lists, he must be at least whelmed by now.

But we can add your problems to the ever expanding list.

BTW-  I never had any problems with turning my pictures the right way, but I mostly use scans rather than photos. There is a twirly round arrow on the form that does it. (Note the high level of technical knowlege in naming the doomahinkey.)

Thank you for the tag @femmefan1946! I am making sure to have all of the information and feedback provided sent over to the Listing Tools team as the roll out process continues. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

devon@ebay 

An update to the excluded countries bug.

I've discovered how the "51" number came about, I noticed today that "Africa" was in the list. Africa has 55 countries in it, so that brought the number up to the correct "other number" I was seeing, however, the list is still not right. I know this because Japan was accidentally in the list until I made the changes a few days ago to take it out. Japan is still erroneously on the list when I relist/sell similar. Today I added France as an excluded country (because of the EPR stuff) and France does not yet show.

It is odd that if one renews the excluded countries list, it spells them all out, yet if one uses relist/sell similar, it abridges them where it can. (It shouldn't now for me because I re-allowed South Africa which isn't correct yet either, same as France which is the reverse)

Later today or tomorrow I'll call back in and add this latest, they were supposed to be calling/emailing me back but I haven't heard anything yet.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply