New style for PayPal "Notification of Payment Received" e-mails

Sold an item this morning and the e-mail sent to me by PayPal notifying me that I had received funds looked completely different than ones I had received before (as early as yesterday). Originally I thought it was some sort of scam e-mail, but the e-mail address seems to be legit, and the funds are safely in my PayPal account. Anyone else notice this?

The e-mail also made reference to "PayPal Shopping Cart Contents" which I have never seen before - I've noticed the little shopping cart icon in the upper corner but never really thought much about it. Maybe this style e-mail is specific to selling something through the shopping cart?

The e-mail also gave me a "Receipt ID", which I don't think I've ever received before. The e-mail says to "retain [the receipt ID] for your records so that you will be able to reference this transaction for customer service."

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I think you get a different looking receipt if a buyer uses the cart or jut pays direct. Since the Can cart is fairly new, this is only an assumption. On the US site, they do look totally different.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Well, at least you are getting invoices, I am missing 2 from the last 2 days. It is very inconvenient.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
It went to Spam and I had to check Spam to make sure before I delete them otherwise I wouldn't knew there are payments there!
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I checked there right away, they are not there.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Yup, it seems like you're correct. Got a couple other 'notification' e-mails today and they were the older style. Just looks like that one was different due to the cart!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply