No I will not set up a special listing for you.

The item has been up for less than 24 hours.

The member tells me he can't make an offer, because he has two UID Strikes already.

But if I would reduce the price he could pay.

And of course he is on a Fixed Income.

Surprise little buddy. I have members with Strike automatically Blocked so you are out of luck today.

I am old and grumpy.

And on a fixed income too.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I love your comments and posts! This reminds me of the guy that sent me a low ball offer on a g.i. Joe I am selling. Said he needs another one like he needs a hole in the head and that because of that fact and the fact my shipping was high this was his offer and I should take it! I laughed and I BLOCKED!

Thanks femme for making me smile today!

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

Hi, I can offer because <insert sad/woe is me/times are tough story/sob story>.  Thank you for the flag to avoid you as a buyer. 

As an aside, I found this funny becase I am usually in the opposite position.   Once in a while I will get an offer that is reasonable and I am open to it because I like the buyer's profile, or it is something I have been thinking about dropping the price on, etc.   But I don't respond with an offer, I drop the price in the listing.  Then I message them that I can do that price and have lowered the listing price so they can buy it directly from the listing.   

I don't have much interest in sending an offer that ties up the item while hoping that the buyer pays for it quickly.   If they don't buy it in a day (or less) I can just adjust the price if I want and not have to relist.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Or the "expert"* who advises that your $100 item is a fake (which is isn't) and that they would like to buy it for $5 as a reference copy......

*Having said this, I have had actual experts contact me and provide good advice (without stupid offers). Despite selling "only" stamps it is a very very broad field with a lot of specialization. I have learned a lot from some of the actual experts over the years.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

That is a great idea! I have made offers and had them accept and then not pay and had my item tied up. I am going to use this strategy from now on.  That way they have to pay right away or my item stays  listed because I have the require immediate payment for BIN box checked on the listing. Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

At least they provide us with some comic relief! My new strategy is shake my head and laugh!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply