Non paying buyer time limit

I have a couple buyers who have not paid for their items, it has been about 10 days.  I have sent a couple emails to no avail.  I have sent invoices.....nada.  How long do you guys allow an unresponsive buyer to keep your item hostage before cancelling and relisting?  My items are mostly one of a kind and I hate to leave them in limbo.  Thanks all

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Non paying buyer time limit

I cancel mine on the 5th day. After 4 days you can cancel the transaction and one of the reasons listed is "Buyer hasn't paid yet". This gives them a strike (too many strikes and they can't play anymore!)

Before you had to officially "open a case", but eBay has changed it so you can cancel after 4 days and re-list as soon as it's been cancelled. Since the eBay final value fee isn't charged until the payment is made I think they want us to cancel and re-list. Also (optional of course) you can add them after the cancellation to Blocked Buyers list so they don't do it again. I always do this myself. If they had answered your emails and just asked for more time it would be different but those silence types I always cancel after the 4th day.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

While you can add the deadbeat to your personal Blocked Bidder List, opening the Unpaid Item Dispute after four days will give him a Strike on his buying account.

Since most sellers have an automatic Block on deadbeats with strikes, this also protects other sellers and setting that Block protects you from future problems.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You can also set up your preferences so that eBay automatically cancels the transaction after x number of days.  If you set it to 4 days they will cancel it 96 hours after purchase.

https://www.ebay.ca/Cancel/Preference/UnpaidPurchase

Message 4 of 4
latest reply