Not this 'force majeure' again

Anyone else get a notice today from Canada Post about ' Force Majeure' as a result of extreme weather? The parcel is in Mississauga and destined for Brooklyn. 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

IMG_9160.JPG

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Was there a Godzilla attack I just didn't hear about? King Kong perhaps?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Is it raining frogs? Plague of locusts? 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

yea extremely warm for this type of year. there is no bad weather in the toronto area today..

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@esclyons wrote:

yea extremely warm for this type of year. there is no bad weather in the toronto area today..

Really? Not here in my Toronto! This was no ordinary bit of fog, even by mid-afternoon the visibility was restricted. In the morning visibility outside my house was about 20 metres (I could not see the other side of the street).

Fog Advisory

City of Toronto

Issued at 04:37 Wednesday 22 February 2017

Near zero visibility in fog is expected or occurring. Dense fog has developed in some locales and is expected to continue early this morning. As a result, visibility will be reduced to near zero. The visibility will improve by mid morning as the dense fog dissipates. ### Visibility may be significantly and suddenly reduced to near zero. Travel is expected to be hazardous due to reduced visibility. Fog advisories are issued when near zero visibilities in fog are expected or occurring. Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ec.cpio-tempetes-ospc-storms.ec@canada.ca or tweet reports to #ONStorm.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Mississauga still says 'mist' and so does Toronto on the Environment Canada weather site I'm finding with no advisories but, yes, fog must be it. My parcel was sent via Tracked Packet so it's not as if there was a service guarantee to worry about.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:
Mississauga still says 'mist' and so does Toronto on the Environment Canada weather site I'm finding with no advisories but, yes, fog must be it. My parcel was sent via Tracked Packet so it's not as if there was a service guarantee to worry about.

Many parts of southern ontario had very dense fog this morning -- caused by very warm moist air over cold/frozen ground. The fog advisory in my area was lifted after 11am. Reached 14C this afternoon when the usual high is -2C

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

IMG_9173.PNG

It's moving again so any delay due to fog was short-lived.

Did people get notices of Delivery Exceptions after that East Coast snow dump of 80 cm last week or was that considered business as usual? 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus/flightStatusByAirport.do

(YYZ) Pearson International Airport for February 22

Shows lots of departing flights delayed or cancelled for Wednesday (incoming were delayed, diverted or cancelled). Still had many arriving/leaving on time.  But once the schedule gets out of whack it tends to snowball.

-..-

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Mississauga still says 'mist' and so does Toronto on the Environment Canada weather site

The kind of 'mist' that stops planes?

Well well.

The Weather Channel has been telling us here in Victoria BC that it is cloudy and rainy for the past three days. Meanwhile the sky has been blue with a few wispy clouds and no wind.

But the rain will come for sure on Friday. That's when the roofers are supposed to start work.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply