On the edge of the month before delivery dispute - options?

I ordered a Blu-ray exactly a month ago today. The disc comes from California and I live in British Columbia. No package has taken a month to arrive to me from the United States unless it was from Florida or last USPS Christmas crisis.

Seller has a good rep, I paid with credit card and not PayPal and today I believe this is the last day I can dispute item not delivered.

Delivery is expected March 16th.

I have not contacted the seller yet.

The tracking as of today through eBay matches the USPS website. It is being sent USPS first class lettermail.

USPS tracking #UA449543595US
  • Feb 16, 2021
  • 9:48pm
  • SHIPPING LBL CREATED USPS AWAITS ITEM
  • LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677
  • Feb 16, 2021
  • 7:08pm
  • PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM
  • LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677
  • Feb 16, 2021
  • 5:20pm
  • SHIPMENT RECEIVED ACCEPTANCE PENDING
  • LAGUNA HILLS, CA 92654
  • Feb 16, 2021
  • 4:52pm
  • Tracking number provided
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

marnotom!
Community Member
You’ve still got loads of time to make a claim of non-delivery through eBay’s Money Back Guarantee process. The 30 day clock starts ticking on the last estimated date of delivery. And then you’ve got PayPal as a backup if you miss that deadline.

If your item hasn’t arrived by St. Paddy’s Day, advise your seller and see if how they want to handle this before you initiate the claims process.

From what I can figure out, First Class International items with “UA”-prefix codes aren’t trackable, so you’re unlikely to see any further tracking scan information. Your item is probably delayed due to COVID-related reasons.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

marnotom!
Community Member
You’ve still got loads of time to make a claim of non-delivery through eBay’s Money Back Guarantee process. The 30 day clock starts ticking on the last estimated date of delivery. And then you’ve got PayPal as a backup if you miss that deadline.

If your item hasn’t arrived by St. Paddy’s Day, advise your seller and see if how they want to handle this before you initiate the claims process.

From what I can figure out, First Class International items with “UA”-prefix codes aren’t trackable, so you’re unlikely to see any further tracking scan information. Your item is probably delayed due to COVID-related reasons.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You have 30 days to open a dispute on eBay, starting on March 17th for this purchase if it is not delivered by tomorrow.

You are also covered by the chargeback provisions of your card, usually for 180 days from payment, although this varies from card to card.

If you had used PP, you would be further protected by their Buyer Protection policy, for 180 days from purchase.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply