Was paid but buyer wants to upscale shipping

I've already been paid by customer but they want to upscale the delivery method (one I do not list) from tracked packet USA to expedited USA. How do I send a revised invoice under Managed Payments for this extra cost?

Do I have to refund and send a new invoice?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can ask them for their PP email address, set up  an invoice for shipping in Paypal and send the invoice to them. 

I haven't used expedited USA in a long time as my items are usually under 500 grams but is it really much faster than Tracked Packet?  The Canada Post caluclator tells me that it will be 10 business day from Alberta to NY for TP and 8-9 business days for Expedited so I guess it is advertised as faster. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You can ask them for their PP email address, set up  an invoice for shipping in Paypal and send the invoice to them. 

I haven't used expedited USA in a long time as my items are usually under 500 grams but is it really much faster than Tracked Packet?  The Canada Post caluclator tells me that it will be 10 business day from Alberta to NY for TP and 8-9 business days for Expedited so I guess it is advertised as faster. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Just to underscore PJ’s point about the upgrade, Tracked Packet is an international oversize letter option, while Expedited Parcel USA is, well, a surface parcel post option. The difference isn’t so much speed as it is two different mail streams.

A true upgrade from Tracked Packet would be Xpresspost USA at a minimum. 😬
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I went with the PayPal option. It does work but I wish I'd canceled the transaction and added expedited to shipping in the relist.

PayPal dinged me 45 cents on 4.15. Ugh!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

In a situation like that you could have quoted the upcharge as xx more so that you could account for the extra  fees.   If you had cancelled the transaction you would have ended paying the .30 twice as that isn't refunded by eBay and you would have had to pay full  fvf on the upcharge instead of just PP fees.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Why do you feel that you have to acquiesce to the buyers request. They made the purchase based on the information on the shipping conditions you placed on the item for sale?

What you can do is figure out the difference and tell them to send you the extra money for the upgraded shipping. Almost all of the time that is the end of it. If they send the money - send the package their way.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 6 of 6
latest reply