Parcel Sizing Issue - metric vs Imperial & ebay customer service

I am having trouble with ebay's automated shipping calculator, and ebay customer service. I have been at this on and off for about 3 months, with Ebay customer service  and the ebay app customer service and they said that they don't have the answer, and they will get back to me and no one ever does. 

I have a shopify store where I create my listings and send my listing on 11 different channels and one of them with the ebay app from shopify, and have my listings sent onto my ebay store. (that I have been operating since 2005). 

I have created shipping policies on my ebay store with the help of an ebay staff several years ago, and I have a light weight parcels which are in size  22cm x 20 cm x 10 cm in metric and when I create my listing on shopify and send them onto ebay I use this shipping rules. 

The problem is the all my listings on ebay.com are showing  min imperial measurements in ebay.com 22 inches x 20 inches x 10 inches. The shipping cost for a small item that should be $8.00 is showing as $34.00, and not shipping overseas because it is to big for small packet.

When you create a listing from the ebay app you can only fix the listing on shopify, ebay does not allow you to fix the listing directly onto ebay. 

No one is getting back to me, I need HELP!!!

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Parcel Sizing Issue - metric vs Imperial & ebay customer service

Canada Post works best with metric. This one still triggers an error for USA 382406989752
Message 21 of 26
latest reply

I would use metric as well.

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

You might want to look at all of your skate listings.  Some of them have shipping costs to the US of $9.23 and some show $17.76.  I‘m sure that it will cost more than that to ship them and I doubt that you will be able to use small packets which is what you have specified.

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

Thanks for looking up. I am trying to make the skates more attractive to buyers outside Canada, and  factored the extra shipping cost into the sell price  🙂

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

Yes this bun maker is thicker 2 cm, learned that lesson the hard way.  It does not seam like a profitable to have in store because of the shipping cost.  However if customers are purchase a skating dress, then they add the bun maker it cost almost no extra to ship it 😉

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

Anyone knows why this error message are showing on certain listings? 
Message 26 of 26
latest reply