Partial refund for shipping

Hello there, I have a question on which reason to select when processing a partial refund to my buyer for shipment costs. I have a buyer who purchased an item and paid in the morning. The buyer then purchased and paid for another item in the evening. The buyer after paying for the 2nd item asks if I can combine the shipment in anyway. So it's fair I do a partial refund. I read somewhere that it's the way to proceed? When I tried to do the refund, it asks for the reason for the refund but none of the reason applies. I also read somewhere that depending on the reason selected I may get a defect?? How true is that? I guess bottom line is what reason shall I be selecting. Happy boxing day shopping everyone! Thanks!
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Partial refund for shipping

I do this type of refund frequently.

-Find the sale in Orders.
-Use the Drop down on the left "send refund"
-The last choice from the "reason" list is Shipping Discount
-Enter the amount of the refund
-Click on Review Refund
-Check to make sure you have entered the correct amount
-Click on the Refund button

You will get two emails from eBay, "Hang tight, we're processing your refund request" and then a few minutes later "A buyer has been refunded". There are no negative ramifications for this type of partial refund and your fees for the refund amount will used to fund part of the refund.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I do this type of refund frequently.

-Find the sale in Orders.
-Use the Drop down on the left "send refund"
-The last choice from the "reason" list is Shipping Discount
-Enter the amount of the refund
-Click on Review Refund
-Check to make sure you have entered the correct amount
-Click on the Refund button

You will get two emails from eBay, "Hang tight, we're processing your refund request" and then a few minutes later "A buyer has been refunded". There are no negative ramifications for this type of partial refund and your fees for the refund amount will used to fund part of the refund.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Oh thank you! Must be the holiday rush aftermath. I swear that reason option of "shipping discount" was not there when I first looked. Happy holidays and thanks!
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hi.  When I go "Order Details" there is not a drop down on the left "send refund". There was in the past a link to click on to send a partial refund, but it is not there now.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Hi.  When I go "Order Details" there is not a drop down on the left "send refund". There was in the past a link to click on to send a partial refund, but it is not there now. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I do almost every week. No defects - don't worry 😄

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Found it 😅  In "Order details",  a blue area near top/mid page has "Leave feedback" as a title. The tricky part is that beside that title is a little 'v'. Click on that and a drop down menu appears with various choices (14 in all). Third from bottom choice is "Send refund".  Whew, well hidden. Took over a frustrating hour to find it.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply