PayPal log out in question

I just bought an item and went though the eBay invoice to pay for it. PayPal pops up you put in your password and you pay for it never going into the PayPal site.

After I was finished I closed the eBay site.

Then ........................................

Out of curiosity I typed PayPal.com into my browser hit the enter button and all my PayPal summary showed up. I did not enter my PayPal password. I had to log out manually.

This is dangerous - I will never ever pay at the eBay site again. I will from now on enter the PayPal site to pay for items.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

This changed in the checkout flow awhile ago. It's not only ebay that does it. Virtually any e-commerce marketplace that takes paypal uses that flow. 

I'm mot a fan of that feature, either. And no matter what sales platform uses it, I ALWAYS go to paypal afterwards and manually log-out myself. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@rosscd57 wrote:

I just bought an item and went though the eBay invoice to pay for it. PayPal pops up you put in your password and you pay for it never going into the PayPal site.

After I was finished I closed the eBay site.

Then ........................................

Out of curiosity I typed PayPal.com into my browser hit the enter button and all my PayPal summary showed up. I did not enter my PayPal password. I had to log out manually.

This is dangerous - I will never ever pay at the eBay site again. I will from now on enter the PayPal site to pay for items.

You get automatically logged out after about 5 minutes and only the computer you were using (the one with the cookie) can access the account for that brief period.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply