Payouts

I am at a loss for why ebay keeps my money for a month after the customer receives my product and leaves a positive feedback. The first (of many) LIES was to ensure that the customer received their purchase and left a feedback. They did. Sold on feb 19. Received on feb 24 . Very happy and left a great review. he bought to items actually and was happy with the second part btw. The ongoing problem is my pay out is march 22. Yeah, life is simple, but dealing with criminal business practises is neither simple nor easy. Market share declining and stock price dropping would have nothing to do with it eh? not lol

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Payouts

As an infreqent Seller you are subject to holds, you sold 4 items ? in the last year...

To help ensure eBay remains a safe place to buy and sell, and to meet our legal and compliance obligations, we sometimes place a hold on funds, for example, if there's an open case or dispute on a transaction, if your buyer reports a problem with the order, if your account is restricted or suspended, if you owe eBay money, or if you're a new or infrequent seller. If we placed a hold on your funds, we'll notify you by email and, depending on the reason, may request additional information from you to help resolve the issue.

Additionally, we may place a transaction hold on funds depending on your seller status, changes to your account status, or other factors we use to help ensure a safe marketplace in all categories, regardless of whether the transaction is covered by our eBay Money Back Guarantee or not:

• New or infrequent sellers will experience transaction holds while learning best selling practices. This helps sellers become established and build a strong selling history on eBay. New sellers typically experience holds for up to 14 days, although sometimes it may be longer
  • Previously restricted or suspended sellers will experience transaction holds for 30 days after the restriction or suspension is lifted, while we confirm that the items have been successfully delivered
  • High priced items or unusual selling patterns may lead to transaction holds for up to 30 days to help us ensure that buyers don't have any issues with the order
  • The authentication process may lead to transaction holds for up to 30 days until the authenticity of items sold with eBay’s Authenticity Guarantee can be confirmed

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816&st...

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

As a member returning to selling after a lengthy absence, eBay withholds payments for up to 30 days. That's eBay policy.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

WRONG! I've sold 11 items in less that 90 days. I sent 4 items out this week alone. Do you know how feedback works? Really lol

Please, for respect to be earned, don't ASSume what you don't know. Thanks.

Over $1000 in the last month but I've received $65.

Funny propaganda you share. Never a negative feedback in my 18 years.

I have a job, people asked me to share my crafstmanship, but I never expected the shaft from ebay.

What I've observed , other than your declining market share and declining stock prices, is ebay is following the Conald Trump playbook. Project onto others what crimes you are committing yourself. I'm not out to screw anybody, but ebay is screwing me.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Well, the problem is the lies keep changing. However, the lies are continuous, On Wednesday I was told I was going to get a pay out because it was delivered and positive feedback was given. On Thursday, they greedily said they were holding onto it.

I'm pretty good at math Feb 16, they received the customer's money March 22 is my supposed payout. More than four week if you can count.

Funny how the thiefs project that I am going to screw them. When they are screwing me1

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Also, what is really Weasely is that they do not have a guidline as to when I will stop being their VICTIM.

I've politely asked what is the threshold for getting paid in a respectable way?

Do I need to sell 10K or do I need make 100 sales? Nobody will tell me when I will no longer be a VICTIM of their corporate greed. Where is the bar set? Nobody knows.

The closest to an answer was "when our  team decides" But what that really means is, maybe after we change our tampon!

For all I don't know, they will play the money markets with my American cash untill they make enough profit to satisfy their shareholders.

Does anybody really know when they will stop hoarding my money act act with some integrity?

This grief has been going on since December.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

If you have been conversing by phone with "reps", they are reps in name only, not in knowledge.

Phone reps are of little help for specific issues.

You returned to eBay, selling higher priced items, and eBay is being cautious and making sure all is well before releasing funds.

eBay will release the funds when they are satisfied all is well and good.

However, if patience is not something that works for you, perhaps selling on eBay is not for you.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

The problem is how I was raised. I have a hard time dealing with people and corporations that have no integrity.

As my wife said: Your morning poop has more integrity that ebay.

My response was: No, my diarhea has more integrity than ebay.

It is rather unfortunate that I was naive in thinking ebay had some. I admit ebay was a mistake.

There are many reasons why shopify, etsy etc are taking ebays market share.

Here is an email I received from a customer who bought 2 parts on Tuesday, that I sent out on Wednesday:

I’ve had so many issues with eBay that I finally stopped being a seller this year. They were difficult to deal with and greedy as well 
Dan 

Sent from my iPhone

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Higher priced items? How so?

Do you have any experience making unobtainium parts correctly, without drawings?

Am I supposed to sell Quality Hand Craftsmanship cheap?

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

alright if  my wording was not quite right let's re-word that to "higher value" items...no matter, eBay is going to do what it feels it needs to do in these circumstances...

Oh, and BTW sites like Etsy also withhold payments>for new sellers, it can be for up to 3 months....

and there are just as many disgruntled sellers there as there is on eBay...

there is little else to be said, so good bye and good luck...

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Yeah, your business program is much better than mine. No machines to own and maintain,

No steel to purchase. No Industrial building,

Simply buying products at yard sales and re selling on ebay is much more viable than being a skilled artisan.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Good Bye Grasshopper!

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Give it up man...I don't need your sass!

As a mid-70's senior, I don't have to worry about what, how or when I sell my accummulated "stuff".

However, in my lifetime I have seen your kind> time and time again...so best go back to your hole and crawl in, enjoy your pity party because you now stand alone to wallow in your own self-pity.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Boys and their toys.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

If you don't know when the hoarding of my money ends, go back to chugging your ovaltine.

With age comes wisdom. For some, not you.

There are thousands of people on line **bleep**ing about ebays policies, you've just been a sheltered shill .  Fortunately, I just brought the reality to this forum. Yes, you are welcome!

BTW Your responses are about as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle.

Message 15 of 23
latest reply

Corporations and their greed

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

79 Items sold
5 Followers

You have sold 79 Items as a SELLER on eBay since you opened this account in 2005, you are a small part-seller and subject to ALL the SAME RULES & POLICIES as any other member.

https://pages.ebay.ca/payment/2.0/terms.html

Section

7. Using Managed Payments

As for the rest of your rant 

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 "eBay withholds payments for up to 30 days"

Can be up to 3 months and they can also impose rolling reserves if required.

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

They can just put a hold on your account randomly. It doesn't require a pause from selling for any amount of time. I had it on my account last year randomly but it went away quick.

The truth is, don't sell unless you can handle that. I know it's some tough words but selling online is tough. 90% of sellers on eBay don't continue after 1 year.  Personally, I really believe buyers should be happy regardless so I don't care if eBay holds the money to ensure that.

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

I was asking members who have experienced the lies delivered by evilbay and how long until "their team" grabs a gram of integrity and pays their sellers properly.

Sold 3 more items today. Now it's 1200 they get to hold onto for a month.

Yeah, my life does not evolve around evilbay. I'd hate to think I would have to rely on this platform to make an income in old age

Message 20 of 23
latest reply