Picture upload issues today?

I took pictures on Saturday of about 20 items. I listed roughly half of them without issue that day with no problems. I just tried to finish listing the rest and when I upload the images I get a message that says "upload failed". I've checked my pixels etc and meet the requirements (same as the other images I already uploaded). I'm obviously not having connection issues as I'm writing this now...just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? I can get them into the standard uploader to edit them but the error occurs when I try to upload them to the listing  - last step. I tried on .ca and on .com - both giving me errors.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Picture upload issues today?

I also had problems yesterday. The only way I could get them uploaded was to do one at a time. At first I thought it was a problem with the size of the pictures, but that was not the problem, it was obviously with eBay, as they all uploaded eventually.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

egzatek
Community Member

It is a problem i've had also from time to time

Uploading multiple pictures won't work at times, so you go to upload one at the time.

From what I read researching this, it's because servers might be too busy.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Yes, it does happen from time to time.

I just upload the pictures one at a time.

No big deal.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I tried one at a time and still having issues. Called ebay and their tech team is on it. They say the issue should be fixed in 24-48 hours. It's been 24 and I just tried again and no luck...I guess maybe this is someone telling me to take a break 😉

Thanks for your suggestions.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I'm hoping I can find someone out there who knows a little bit about uploading. I've now called ebay 3 times. First time it was "we are aware of the issue and tech should have it resolved within 24-48 hours." 2nd call she sent me a link to check my photo requirements, which I did and all were fine. Last call I got the "I'll file a report" answer. I am so frustratated as I haven't been able to create new listings since Saturday (only re-list items).

Problem: When I upload my images (either multi or one-at-a-time) I get an error message "0 of 1 pictures uploaded, 1 pictures failed to upload" in red. This happens in basic and standard uploader.

Troubleshooting:

-tried changing browser (IE, Netscape, Google chrome)

-tried deleting all temp internet files

-uploaded same images to facebook (to see if it was an issue with my wireless) and they uploaded fine

-tried using my ipad (useless - couldn't use standard uploader due to flash and couldn't get basic to open)

-Updated my norton etc.

-turned on/off - lol

I'm about to call ebay again but hoping someone may have run into this...I swear I haven't changed anything...same computer, camera etc I've been using for last 12 months sucessfully!

Thanks in advance.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

So, I'm posting my "solution" in case anyone has run into this issue.

Please see above for details of the problem but basically I ran into a week of not being able to post images (same camera and computer for 300+ listings then error without any known changes on my side) due to an error code (ME005) in the picture uploader (basic and standard).

After calling bell and ebay numerous times (six) an ebay customer service rep informed me that others with this issue changed their internet explorer security settings to "medium" to solve the issue. It worked. I have no idea how my changes happened (I have Norton so that;s probably something to do with it) but regardless Ive been able to list the same items/pictures today that I tried all last week to do.

Extremely frustrating but solved. Hope this may help someone...

Message 7 of 7
latest reply