Pictures from USPS terminal

A few of my FaceBook friends have been posting these pictures of an unidentified USPS terminal, apparently taken in the past few days.

The vast amount of packages is edifying, but what interests me is that there are no workers shown. 

USPS 2020 .jpg

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Pictures from USPS terminal

YEP.  It seems they are pulling from the front at these facilities as well.  I have TONS of packages sent Tracked Packed and Expedited Mid- Late November (and first couple days of December) all sitting in Montreal or New York with no Movement in Weeks. Packages I've sent this week as late as Thursday are already thru Customs processed through New York Flushing and on their way to their destination.  

I'm in Ottawa and Have packages that have been in transit to BC for 3 or more weeks now.  

Another package mailed to an address within my same city didn't even go the Ottawa Center and was shipped to Montreal where it's sitting.

90% of my listings are on .com.   Earlier this week the delivery estimates on my listings (I have standard international delivery) was showing 13 - 28 Days.  I see as of today they are back to 4-10 business days with a note if they have to go through customs their maybe a delay. 

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Re: Pictures from USPS terminal

@doc_scribe wrote:

@snoopwiz wrote:

Consider yourself "lucky" that it is even moving.  Many are just sitting for 1, 2, 3 4 weeks, no movement, no scans. 

But without any apparent movement by USPS on a tracked packet, Sellers are facing a potentially disasterous pre-holiday scenario here. In this case, the sale was to a 0-rated Buyer who, although very patient, is facing a terrible first buying experience on eBay.

To the Mods...has eBay updated its Delivery Estimate messaging to reflect this alarming reality?

Tyler, any updates from eBay.ca...especially re: messaging to Buyers? I am now up to my 3rd U.S. Air Tracked packet showing only "In Transit" since Dec. 9th. Those Buyers have been s-o-o-o patient, and to date, our comms very friendly and understanding...but for how much longer?

At this point, should Canadian Sellers be considering the unthinkable...blocking U.S. sales?

Message 22 of 22
latest reply