Pictures from USPS terminal

A few of my FaceBook friends have been posting these pictures of an unidentified USPS terminal, apparently taken in the past few days.

The vast amount of packages is edifying, but what interests me is that there are no workers shown. 

USPS 2020 .jpg

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Possibly the workers are not permitted to "get back to it" until the US election has been officially decided....In 2024. Ahhh, the world according to Trump!! <<Sigh>> In the case they come across more mail in ballots!!!

-Lotz

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

I wonder if the same thing is going on at Canadian facilities? I had an Xpresspost parcel dropped off last Thursday...Calgary to Saskatoon. It left Calgary yesterday.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Well at least that one worker is wearing his mask...

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Looks like there is a long line of work stations not staffed with one lone employee walking down the aisle next to them. He's carrying a huge box on top of his head, guessing he's about to  toss it on top of a bin ... bottom pic on the left.

I have a regular lettermail sent to Denver mia today, wonder what those sorting centres look like.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

On Monday I arrived at the Post Office at 2:30 pm.

Two clerks busy, four at the inside line, five or so outside. (Victoria- overcast and 9C so not a problem).

By the time I got inside the outside line was doubled. And a commercial customer cut in with bins of pre labelled parcels.

I arrived as a trucker was finishing filling a truck and another was pulling up. She continued hauling roller bins out while I was there, and the second truck was filled and a third pulling up when I left.
I also put a couple of LetterMail items in the postbox and the hopper didn't really close it was so full.

And this is a quiet PO, with some mostly medical businesses nearby. (Fort St across from the Jubilee Hospital in Victoria) not downtown.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

On Monday I arrived at the Post Office at 2:30 pm.

Two clerks busy, four at the inside line, five or so outside. (Victoria- overcast and 9C so not a problem).

By the time I got inside the outside line was doubled. And a commercial customer cut in with bins of pre labelled parcels.

I arrived as a trucker was finishing filling a truck and another was pulling up. She continued hauling roller bins out while I was there, and the second truck was filled and a third pulling up when I left.
I also put a couple of LetterMail items in the postbox and the hopper didn't really close it was so full.

And this is a quiet PO, with some mostly medical businesses nearby. (Fort St across from the Jubilee Hospital in Victoria) not downtown.

My dropoff point is in a community mall, Post Office is open 8 to 6 with 1 employee. In the past there was dropoff sometime each morning and 1 pickup around 5.  Weekdays. No pickups on Saturday. Now there are pickups 2 to 3 times per day. Times unknown. Still no pick ups on Saturday. During Covid closing time has changed several times. The perks/perils of the season.

-Lotz

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

I wonder if the same thing is going on at Canadian facilities? I had an Xpresspost parcel dropped off last Thursday...Calgary to Saskatoon. It left Calgary yesterday.

-Lotz

Current estimated delivery time from Canada Post. Yesterday. Parcel status. No further updates.

-Lotz

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

A few of my FaceBook friends have been posting these pictures of an unidentified USPS terminal, apparently taken in the past few days.

The vast amount of packages is edifying, but what interests me is that there are no workers shown. 

Wowser! That certainly explains what I 'm still seeing on the Order Details page for a US Tracked Packet sold and shipped same day in late November:

Stalled-US-Track-Packet-shipment_Screenshot_2020-12-14 eBay Order details.png

I tried to raise a ticket on the Canada Post site, but the only option it gave me was 'send notification'. 

Limbo.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

Consider yourself "lucky" that it is even moving.  Many are just sitting for 1, 2, 3 4 weeks, no movement, no scans. 

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Went to London Drugs to buy a new computer for DH's Christmas, and picked up boxes of chocolates for the postal clerks.

They are doing a hard job right now. Fortunately most people seem to be understanding.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

@snoopwiz wrote:

Consider yourself "lucky" that it is even moving.  Many are just sitting for 1, 2, 3 4 weeks, no movement, no scans. 

But without any apparent movement by USPS on a tracked packet, Sellers are facing a potentially disasterous pre-holiday scenario here. In this case, the sale was to a 0-rated Buyer who, although very patient, is facing a terrible first buying experience on eBay.

To the Mods...has eBay updated its Delivery Estimate messaging to reflect this alarming reality?

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

I mailed an Expedited parcel to the US on Nov 27/20. The tracking only shows that it was scanned that day in Vancouver B.C.  No other updates. USPS doesn't even recognize it on their website. Only says a label was made but it is not in their system yet.  Put in a claim with Canada Post to search for it. According to them it should have got there by Dec 9/20. No one knows what has happened to the parcel. My customer has been patient so far but don't know how much longer that will last.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Ouch...that's even worse!

December 9, 2020...an expected delivery date that seems to be living in infamy for us.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply

@snoopwiz wrote:

Consider yourself "lucky" that it is even moving.  Many are just sitting for 1, 2, 3 4 weeks, no movement, no scans

My apologies snoopwiz. I thought you might be exaggerating just a tad until I checked the status of my other in transit U.S. Air Tracked packet, paid for on Dec. 6, and shipped the next day:

Stalled-US-Tracked-Packet_Screenshot_2020-12-17 eBay Order details.png

After 11 days, apparently it's not even stateside yet!*

* ...and how 'Foreign Acceptance' could occur a couple of hours before the Canada Post counter sale, including generation of a tracking number and acceptance scan is another head-scratcher. What's going on here?

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

Yup - it's happening in Canada, too! I have two packages I'm expecting stalled in Mississauga from early last week.

I know someone that mailed me a card from the same city on Monday, and it still hasn't arrived...

I think the piles aren't moving...
Message 17 of 22
latest reply

I'm guessing San Francisco is one of those photos?

Sent a package off from BC in October before disappearing after hitting ISC San Fran.

Sent another package Nov 30 from BC. It took about 6 days to get through Vancouver BC before being sent to San Francisco. Again, there are no more updates since San Fran.

Bought a DVD from a seller in my own city. After being mailed out it takes usually 2-3 days to arrive on my doorstep. It took over a week.

Not a good time to be a postal worker or a seller I guess.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

No idea.  Just one of those anonymous posts although my friend is pretty careful about this sort of thing.

I'm wondering if those carboard boxes are coming in or going out?

If they are arriving from all over the city and are not yet sorted, ugh.

On the other hand, if they are just waiting to be shipped out, there is hope.

Unless the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Mailed an Expresspost box to Japan on October 13th. Left the country on October 16th.

No updates anywhere since then, until today, when the update at CP says:

"Multiple PIN"   and it can't be opened.

I've been watching the number on the Japan post office for updates too and went and checked there, and it arrived to Japan just today, and is in Japan customs now. Not sure why it arriving and the JP PO updating torched the Canada Post updates, maybe something in the CP system can't handle a two month gap.....

The buyer certainly wins an award for EXTREME patience, they did ask me about a month ago about the status but I haven't heard from them since. I did send them a message today to say that it finally has gotten to their country at least and thanking them for being so patient. I wish more buyers were like them!!!

Message 20 of 22
latest reply