Postal label thru PayPal showing more or less cost than actually paid - correct when done thru cpc

Has anyone noticed that the amount showing on the postage label (generated thru PayPal) is not showing the correct postage paid?  I have seen differences from a few cents to several dollars. This doesn't happen when a label is purchased directly thru CPC via SnapShip.  The difference is not due to tax or other fees, but seems to instead be a random number.  Virtually none of my labels have been accurate for the past few months - doesn't matter if the amount is higher, but when it is several dollars lower, buyers often think they are being fleeced for shipping charges. There doesn't seem to be an option to opt out of the charges being shown on the label, at least for Expedited which many of my goods require due to weight. 

I have contacted both PayPal (who says it is a CPC problem) and CPC (who says it is a PayPal problem). I have started doing my labels through CPC instead of PayPal, but I miss the convenience of using PayPal to directly use the shipping fee paid to pay for the label. 

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Postal label thru PayPal showing more or less cost than actually paid - correct when done thru c

Do you suppose it has anything to do with that problem where paypal says it undercharges shipments by a small amount and then causes trouble with the seller when it tries to recoup that 

'underpaid' amount the next time a seller wants to ship a label? That was a glitch that seemed to also randomly affect many paypal Shipping users for no discernible reason. 

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

Re: Postal label thru PayPal showing more or less cost than actually paid - correct when done thru c

I don’t think that PayPal was undercharging but that CP said the packages were slightly bigger than what had been entered and because of dimensional shipping more postage was owed.

Anyway, I doubt they are related.  

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

One possibility...the price on the label is full retail rather than showing the small business discounted rate.

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

Have always used PayPal shipping and only in recent months has this discrepancy in the amount showing on the label been occurring. I don't like it, but as yet have had no reason to get overly concerned and it certainly isn't worth the bother to sign up for Shippo just to avoid the amount showing on the label.

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

I don't have a problem with the buyer seeing the postage paid, as long as it is accurate. I have had parcels shipped that cost $25 and the label is showing $19.  Buyers are thinking I have fleeced them on shipping charges.  The "receipt" part of the label printout is accurate, as is the amount taken from the PayPal account.  It's only on the label that attaches to the parcel that the amount is not correct. 

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

This is what I mean...I think I am just going back to CPC site for labels.  PAYPAL POSTAL LABEL.png

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

Doesn't seem to be the case - sometimes the price is higher, sometimes lower than was actually paid.  It isn't a tax differential etc. as there is no consistency. Often less than 50 cents difference, but I have had the label show over $8 less than what I actually paid for postage. 

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

I have had that problem with PayPal as well.  Never had a problem with "dimensional" mistakes until recently with PayPal labels only.  I am extremely careful in measuring my parcels, 99 percent of which are boxes so quite easy, and I have a good quality, accurate scale that is checked regularly.  I have decided that I will just forego shipping labels through PayPal - not worth the hassle. 

Message 28 of 28
latest reply