Pre-paid CPC Express post envelopes, how long are they good for?

amcdc79
Community Member

Over the years I have bought Pre-paid envelopes to use when needed. I have used a few, but have some from a couple of years ago.

How long do they last, and will I have to add more postage when I use them now?

Tia.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I have some older ones too and used one at Christmas time without a problem.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I've never had a problem either, just curious if I may have one down the road. I use them for items that are more than 2cm thick and are expensive. With my sales slowing, I have not had a chance to use them up.

They are the Regional and National bubble envelopes, with a few regular paper ones thrown in that I bought just in case I needed them.

The last thing I want, is for them to come back to me with postage owed on them. At the time I purchased them they were quite expensive, now they would be cheaper than expedited.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

The last one I used (early in 2017) was almost 10 years old. No problems. No extra fees.

The label format has changed in recent times so that might be the only hiccup.

-..-

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I use old express post and Priority envelopes some from the 90’s with no problems every now and then.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@lachnrd wrote:
I use old express post and Priority envelopes some from the 90’s with no problems every now and then.

Thanks for the info, now I'm not worried at all.

Would be interesting to know what CPC would issue as a refund for not meeting their delivery standard.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@amcdc79 wrote:

@lachnrd wrote:

Thanks for the info, now I'm not worried at all.

Would be interesting to know what CPC would issue as a refund for not meeting their delivery standard.

Delivery standard starts with the first scan and will be using the current delivery standard that is in effect (not the one that was around when the envelope was bought).

-..-

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

If they are pre-paid they are just that. Use them when you want, even 10 or 20 years down the road. Just like the permanent postage stamps. Once you buy them use when you want to, they never expire. Right from our Post Masters Mouth.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

In Fact, I used one I had from about 2 years ago to mail off my wife's past port application in March. Worked just fine.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply