Printed off my Free Shipping Tuesday label but still had to pay small amount of $

Was awake and noticed it was nearly midnight so decided to print off my free shipping Tuesday label. Only Expedited this year, no Express Post. No problem with that, it’s free. Well almost, my label was about $37 and the discount they gave me was approx. $25 and I had to pay $8 and some pennies. Thats different this year too. Never had to pay anything before.

Parcel was 4.8 kg so maybe it had something to do with the weight and dimensions?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Printed off my Free Shipping Tuesday label but still had to pay small amount of $

Worked for me also and indeed the code was OCT6
I thought it was free up to 5kg
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Here you go - from the terms and conditions.

"To qualify for free Expedited Parcel shipping within Canada, the weight of the qualifying item must not exceed 5 kg (11 lb.) and must meet Canada Post’s size specifications. Additional charges for items exceeding the maximum weight and/or size specifications will apply. Some exceptions may apply."
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Dimensional weight is probably the overcharge.

Length x Width x Height (in cm) / 5000 gives dimensional weight in kilograms

The higher of actual weight or dimensional weight will be used.

-..-

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

So, 56 x 38 x 22 divided by 5000 = 9.36

Well, I’m not complaining, it still saved me a lot of money. Just not used to sending heavy parcels.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Just wanted to chime in and say its not just you. I shipped out a VCR and had to pay $4 and change after tax. Saved me around $22.

Not quite as good as previous years and you can't use Xpresspost any longer but still not bad!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Since I was shipping bedding and baby clothes to Nunavut for a women's shelter, being unwilling to use it myself, I got caught out with the dimensional shipping too.

Paid $35.  on a $77 parcel.
How do people manage up north?

If anyone else wants to use the labels for charity, this is one address.

KATAUJAQ WOMEN¿S SHELTER

ATTN: JOYCE KENT (FB POSEIDON KENT)

PO BOX 344

RANKIN INLET NU X0C 0G0

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Shipments to NU are one of my fears as I rarely use calculated shipping, but letter mail and the flat rate boxes are a reasonably affordable way to get things up there.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply