Problem with Canada Post scans not showing delivered when USPS shows delivered

I don't know if this has been mentioned before or not.

I have had 3 of 6 packages mailed to the US in the past 6 weeks not show delivered on Canada Post website (and therefore NOT showing delivered on my ebay page), when they have, in fact been delivered according the USPS website.  The tracking at Canada Post ends somewhere between the package reaching the US and actually getting delivered to the buyer.

I tried to open a ticket on this a week after it first happened and they said wait 30 days.  Of course nothing changed and since then 2 more have had the same problem.  I called today and they have reopened the first ticket and opened a second for the other 2 packages.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I think in February when the new rules for defects are applied, this could be a real problem because Ebay will not see that the packages were delivered on time.  They use the Canada Post tracking.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Problem with Canada Post scans not showing delivered when USPS shows delivered

Am I the only person having this problem?  It's not my post office because the scans show up all the way to the US.  One shows out for delivery but never shows delivered on the CP website.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Re: Problem with Canada Post scans not showing delivered when USPS shows delivered

I rarely look at tracking when I send items out but when I have looked, I've noticed that the CP site doesn't always update once an item crosses the border.  To be honest, I've never looked a week or two later to see if the tracking eventually gets updated but I would be surprised if it does. 

As long as the package has an acceptance scan within your handling time, this shouldn't affect you.  But if that isn't available, customer service would probably be willing to look at the USPS site to see that the item was on time. I doubt that they will do that on their own, you would probably have to phone them.  Also, if the buyer checks off that the package arrived by that date, you'll be fine.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

We have one expresspost to usa worth $800 us tfrom last month hat does not show delivery anywhere. The buyer got his item and we are lucky he is honest because if he was not he could file an INR claim with ebay and win and we would also get a defect.

Canada post would just not pay like usual.
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Did you check the tracking on the USPS website?  If it shows delivery, would you please contact Canada Post customer service so they know it is happening to others?

Thanks.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I've never had problems with Canada Post paying on a claim when the tracking didn't show delivery confirmation.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

It updates..... just very slowly. If you want to see it faster, you need to check the destination country's postal system. Those are available at http://www.upu.int/en/the-upu/member-countries.html

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

It does not update.  It has been 6 weeks for one of mine and 4 weeks for the other .... Canada Post still does not show delivered AND ebay uses the link to Canada Post. In February, ebay will use this info to decide if you delivered on time IF the customer does not leave feedback to say it was delivered by the delivery date stated.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

If it's tracked and you have an acceptance scan within your stated handling time, it doesn't matter if it's not shown to be delivered on time. The most important thing with a tracked item is the ACCEPTANCE SCAN. After that, nothing else matters. The only tracked service with an on-time delivery guarantee to the USA is XPRESSPOST anyway. Tracked Packets and Expedited Parcel are guidelines and nothing else. 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

'Delivered late' only makes a defect is it's untracked and the buyer says it arrived after the timeline established in the question when they leave feedback. 

Late shipment rate

If you ship on time and upload validated tracking or your buyers tell us the shipment was on time when they leave feedback, you're all set.

Otherwise, if the tracking details or your buyers indicate that more than 10.00% of your transactions were shipped late, we may follow up with you about the handling time you offer in your listings.

When there's no tracking information available and no response from the buyer, the transaction won't be counted.

At least, that is how I have understood what has been explained to me. Someone will correct me if I am wrong. 

Anyone?

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Where you might run into trouble is if the buyer opens an Item Not Received claim through paypal. Tracked data on USPS expires before the paypal deadline for opening a dispute so save your data if you have it. If you want Canada Post to move on updating the tracking, try opening a ticket for Where Did It Go? and let them link it right quick to prove to you it was delivered. 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I just arrived at the forum to see if anyone mentioned the same thing. Yes it's happened to me . We have lost our top rated performance rate because of it. It claims we are not loading tracking numbers but we allways do. So our sales have been effected during this Christmas push.  It's allways something with ebay

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I noticed this in the summer; there is some kind of weird bug where you have to click through your Order Details after uploading your tracking to Sales Manager Sales Records on orders sent USA Tracked Packet. It was Tracked Packet USA only for me that ebay was failing to recognize and I *think* it was on only those items where I voluntarily upgraded from Small Packets to Tracked Packets. Maybe if the Sales Record thought it was being sent via an untracd service, it never bothered to look for tracking to be validated? That's my theory. This is a slightly different issue, I think, that Canada Post failing to communicate with USPS on Delivery Scans but no less a critical one.

Does what I am describing sound like what you experienced? With Tracking not being validated within your stated handling time? Because it must be uploaded during your stated handling time to count. Delivering it to a corner street box will get you messed up. The Acceptance Scan must be gotten and registered within your handling time and ebay must see it within your handling time, not refreshed later or added afterwards.

This is as I understand it. I could be wrong. If I am, no doubt another member will be here to correct my misunderstanding of the situation. I had twelve different kinds of freak-outs when the new Seller Standards were announced in the 2015 Fall Update and I have tried to understand every minute implication of each new rule. 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@altimateoutlet wrote:

I just arrived at the forum to see if anyone mentioned the same thing. Yes it's happened to me . We have lost our top rated performance rate because of it. It claims we are not loading tracking numbers but we allways do. So our sales have been effected during this Christmas push.  It's allways something with ebay

You don't need to upload tracking to keep your Global TRS or are you referring to something else?

Message 14 of 14
latest reply