Product Reviews

Hello everyone,

On one of my listings, a product review is showing (where a buyer can rate an item, NOT the seller from one to five starts) that is not applicable to my item. The buyer never purchased the item from me; it's a generic item and they purchased it from another seller. The issue is, eBay has grouped our listings together to share the same product reviews, which is ridiculous, since they are different items. The buyer's review is one star and says the item doesn't work, so I am now losing lots of sales due to this. A call to eBay customer service has proved useless, since the agents thought I was talking about regular feedback and did not grasp what a product review was.

I am wondering if anyone has had issues with this before and if the have any advice. I have seen a few .COM posts about this, but no solutions that work anymore. You used to be able to disable them on your listings, but that seems to be no longer available.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Product Reviews

Short term fix- close the tainted listing, change the title slightly in the hopes that it does not trigger the same Review, and relist.

Also I noticed a while back that I could post reviews to my own products.  This was for Books so it may not apply, but try giving your product a five star review. 

tyler@ebay 

This seems to be a constant problem when buyers don't understand the difference between Reviews and Feedback, as well as this situation where the products are not the same.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Product Reviews

Thanks for your response. I can't delete the listing, or at least it doesn't make sense for me, because I already sold a lot of this item and that helps it move up in the search results.

I will try reviewing it myself. That will at lease offset the review. However, this is a crazy problem. It's not the buyer's fault, it's eBay's for not understanding that not every single seller sells the exact same product. The review system makes no sense.

I'm interested to see if anyone has gotten a review removed. Customer service didn't even understand the concept of that.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply