Promo 100 Auction Style Listings Dec 3-9 Invite Only USA

100 extra auction-style listings, FREE. Includes Buy it Now!

Pay no insertion fees on up to 100 auction listings. Excludes 1 and 3-day durations.opens in a new w...

Start:Dec 3, 2018 at 12:00am PST
End:Dec 9, 2018 at 11:59pm PST

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Wish ebay.ca would offer a listing promotion for its Canadian sellers. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

The usual rhetoric was that Ebay will only give out free listings when it benefits them, not when sellers want it.  Also, overall sales must be so great for Ebay Canada or there are already too many listings so why flood the market with more listings.  Meanwhile the USA is giving out by invite  at least 1 or 2 promos per month while Canada gets none.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I like stuff for free as much as the next person but every Free Listing Promo devalues the listings I pay money to get as per my annual store subscription. Me and thousands of other store subscribers. So there’s another side to it as well. Except we don’t see many if any Store Subscribers saying, ‘Yay! No free listing promos for my competitors who don’t pay the same fees as do I therefore putting me at a chronic disadvantage!’ every time there isn’t one announced.

The best way to get a pile of ‘free’ listings is to subscribe to an entry-level store. A few sales pay for it and if you don’t have all your stuff listed, people won’t find it when they want to buy it.

Or at least that’s how it looks from my perspective.

I pay that store subscription for the predictability of knowing I have (almost) enough listings alloted to cover what I plan to sell at the moment.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

For some of us, even the entry level store on dot CA is not an economically viable option...now if we had the new start up store level that dot COM has, well then maybe could consider that.... In the meantime, I am moving ALL my listings to other venues that are free to list. Although I don't expect much in sales from these other venues,  my eBay sales have become so few and far between over the past 18 months with my eBay listings seemingly being invisible anyway, little does it matter anymore where a sale comes from as long as there is the potential for sales. At least my items are visible and searchable on Google from these other venues. I have lost all faith in eBay and have no loyalties here...

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Good point about store subscribers.   I have to confess that I haven't thought about free listings from their point of view.  You make a valid point.   I am usually satisfied with the free 50 listings.  Having potentially lost sales due to the postal situation an extra number of listings at this time of year might have helped.  

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Unfortunately, as in the last few years, I am not invited 😞

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply