Promoted listing mystery!

There is something that is bothering me on my page and I can't figure out what the issue is - it's not a big deal but nonetheless, I am finding it irksome...

I have 935 listings - 934 of them are eligible for promoted listing - so what is the other 1??? I thought I might have accidently promoted one but when I look in the marketing - promotions tab it says 0% which I assume means I don't have anything promoted - I can't think of anything else that it would be! I don't have any auctions, I'm not selling any cars or anything else in the categories not eligible to be promoted so I'm stumped - anyone have any ideas for something I am missing???

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What about if you look on Sellers Hub under your Active Listings...there is a column "Promoted Listings" and I know in my case I have some showing "Not eligible to promote", in my case it is because they are auctions but even if you don't have auctions if you skim down that page see if maybe it points you to which one!

I know you have a lot of listings but on the hub page at least they are small lines so you might be able to scroll through and see that "not eligible" line.  Just guessing but who knows!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@daisydaisy999
Perhaps you have 933 single unit listings plus 1 other with 2 units available.
In that circumstance active listings will show as 935, however in reality there are only 934 active listings. The extras unit is available but the listing can be promoted only once.
There is a # units column displayed on the active listings page in Seller Hub, clicking on that column header will sort any multiple unit listings to the top of the list if there are any.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

That would make sense but nope, I don't have anything with more then 1 available - the mystery remains... thanks for the try though!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

What about if you look on Sellers Hub under your Active Listings...there is a column "Promoted Listings" and I know in my case I have some showing "Not eligible to promote", in my case it is because they are auctions but even if you don't have auctions if you skim down that page see if maybe it points you to which one!

I know you have a lot of listings but on the hub page at least they are small lines so you might be able to scroll through and see that "not eligible" line.  Just guessing but who knows!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You my friend, are a genius! That worked and I have no idea what happened but it had changed a garland to a figurine and somehow that made it ineligible for promoted listings. I changed the category, resaved it and all is symetrical in my world again. Of course that doesn't help with the fact that I made the dreaded mistake of mixing two packages up and sending them to the wrong people... one mystery solved anyhow, thanks again!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

So glad to have helped! That one mystery item would have driven me crazy also! I tried looking at how mine were set up (I have a lot less but still!) and it gave me the idea.

Good luck with your mixing of two packages...there is always something. Enjoy the long weekend!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply