Promotion Needed 30 days fixed price BIN Please

Really could use this ebay, been over 2 months and usually get one each month. Just lost 250 auction listings and going to lose more. Maybe this is part of your grand plan to continue to lose money? Thank goodness this is just a hobby business for me and I do not have to rely on the $ made to survive, feel sorry for those those that do. Maybe I finally have to look at paying more for a store. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Promotion Needed 30 days fixed price BIN Please

"Just lost 250 auction listings and going to lose more. Maybe this is part of your grand plan to continue to lose money?"

?????

eBay did not lose anything.  You did.

How much money would you have generated in sales (and profit) on those 250 listings?  It was your decision (not eBay) not to list those items. Why did you not list them?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

many thanks can you tell me something that is not completely obvious?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Your sell through ratio is nearly 70% - that is quite exceptional (you sold 111 listings in last three months with 160 listings).

At that rate, you should have no hesitation whatsoever to pay the listing fees like most sellers do instead of relying exclusively on "free listing" promotions.

You may also want to look into opening a store on eBay where you get some "free" listings and pay lower Final Value Fees (FVF).

Do not be "penny wise, pound foolish".

If you are here to make money, go ahead, list and sell.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Wow, a 70% sell through rate! I Haven't seen that in at least 10 years!

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

thanks that is interesting and probably reflected by me choosing to list hotter items that I hope sell. I have never been a fan of paying more fees and I have been on ebay for some time now and have existed solely on promotions. (usually get them once a month) I have paid the odd insertion fee but have always tried to reduce the amount of fees I pay. I need to look into stores and free shipping a little better to see if they make more sense for me as I move forward.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@aligolf wrote:

thanks that is interesting and probably reflected by me choosing to list hotter items that I hope sell. I have never been a fan of paying more fees and I have been on ebay for some time now and have existed solely on promotions. (usually get them once a month) I have paid the odd insertion fee but have always tried to reduce the amount of fees I pay. I need to look into stores and free shipping a little better to see if they make more sense for me as I move forward.

I clearly understand what you are saying.

Now you should understand the following......

The days of never ending listings promos that existed from March 2012 to Spring/Summer 2016 are OVER. That is not to say there will not be some free listing promos but do not expect them to happen as frequently and don't expect to be invited to every one of them.

eBay now has about 1 BILLION listings, they no longer want quantity over quality unless it's specific categories. You will see fewer general listing promos and more category specific promos, discounts on fvf's and other types of promotions.

While this might change in the future it's the reality today so get used to it.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I have never been a fan of paying more fees and I have been on ebay for some time now and have existed solely on promotions.

1 Timothy 5:18

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Check your offer section to see if you got an invite to the 500 free auctions (June 16-June 25).

-..-

Message 9 of 9
latest reply