Purchaser Kept my product and Ebay gave them a refund

So I sold an item that I listed as not working - The purchaser bought it and then made additional claims - Long story short Ebay refunded $554.00 dollars and the Purchaser won't return my Drone...   Countless BOT emails back and forth between eBay and I - I spoke to a person at ebay (not good English) and still nothing.. 

I want to report ebay to my local fraud department as well as the Ontario Government Consumer Protection Agency.    Does anyone have to do this..   I am at a massive loss and have lost all confidence in the ebay platform.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

marnotom!
Community Member

That's odd.  The drone I see in your recently sold items was described as "used" in the "Condition" section of the listing, and the seller's description describes it in pretty glowing terms.

Since we don't have the whole story to work with, all I can tell you is that instances of the buyer keeping the item without returning it are usually the result of the seller mishandling the Money Back Guarantee case.  No idea what happened here, but you may have a difficult time making a fraud case if it's apparent there was no opportunity for the buyer to return the drone while the case was active.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Here's how the eBay Money Back Guarantee works.

The buyer complains.

The seller is told to send Return Shipping*.

The buyer returns the unwanted item.

The seller refunds.

The seller modifies his listing if necessary and relists.

NO RETURNS DOES NOT MEAN NO REFUNDS.

USED DOES NOT MEAN NOT WORKING.

*We can send return shipping labels to Canada easily, and to the USA through Shippo. For other locations, eBay can step in and arrange return shipping, which is then charged to the seller.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply